Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mfkne

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by mfkne »

Grayhem wrote:*Professional Standard Pitch Correction for Vocals.
With Graphical editor and tools. For pitch and vocal timing editing.
Or a pathway to use the best pitch correction plugins flawlessly with mixcraft.
*Midi notes 'time stretching' - the ability to grab/select a range of midi notes and interactively stretch their relative time on the timeline/piano roll editor.
...]

+1
AHornsby

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions! (Nusnced MIDI performance mask)

Post by AHornsby »

I haven't read all the posts here and my limited experience with Mixcraft hardly seems worth anyone's time to even read this post. However, (you knew it was coming) I do like a live feel for performances and MIDI just falls short in my book, in many ways, but particularly in the rhythm quantization.

I do not want perfect or even 'humanized' rhythms with the VSTi's but would rather just do the performance and add instrumentation that is coincidental to whatever nuanced rhythms show up in the piano roll.

It would be nice to have a capability of being able to overlay one piano roll over another and then line up the current 'working' instrument with the nuanced performance. That would be sort of like taking a layered approach, e.g., in Photoshop.

Or, more than likely, there's already a method in MC and I just don't know it.

I did try to actually copy and paste one over the other and it was a disaster.

If you need an example I just completed this: https://soundcloud.com/quiet-painter/5-minutes-of-happy

At 1:05 there was a syncopation that I had a heck of a time matching up with the percussion and while doing that thought up a (another?) way it could be done satisfactorily. -h
mick

Post by mick »

-h I can only visualise building a multi piano roll using lanes in the same way that takes are done. as you know, to syncopate in real time requires practice and the following difficulty is then separating one lane from another because all the piano roll notes are the same colour. Its a tricky business for sure. 8)
BTW I like your stage composition work ! :D
chibear

Post by chibear »

In DP's piano roll, all the MIDI data from all tracks is available. You just turn each track on or off. Don't like to be pushing DP that much here, but their MIDI editing is best in the industry IMO. They just have a few other problems like price, stablity, complicated workflow.......
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

chibear wrote:In DP's piano roll, all the MIDI data from all tracks is available. You just turn each track on or off. Don't like to be pushing DP that much here, but their MIDI editing is best in the industry IMO. They just have a few other problems like price, stablity, complicated workflow.......
Oddly enough, it's more easily done with the wave forms and I could use that free audio editor if I wanted to. I'm sticking with DAN on this one. He's THE man. (I'll have time to work on that wave form idea later but I'm pretty busy now.)
mick wrote:-h I can only visualise building a multi piano roll using lanes in the same way that takes are done. as you know, to syncopate in real time requires practice and the following difficulty is then separating one lane from another because all the piano roll notes are the same colour. Its a tricky business for sure. 8)
BTW I like your stage composition work ! :D
Thank you. Given how you visualize it, those lanes could be vertically situated and the MIDI lined up horizontally. Well, enough of this. On to better ideas. -h
ktk9

Post by ktk9 »

I began reading the thread but didn't see this, so if I missed it, sorry:

How about a basic operating system designed just for Mixcraft so we can completely do away with Windows?

:mrgreen:
AHornsby

Insert Smiley here...

Post by AHornsby »

ktk9 wrote:I began reading the thread but didn't see this, so if I missed it, sorry:

How about a basic operating system designed just for Mixcraft so we can completely do away with Windows?

:mrgreen:

Hooray! If you guys don't mind, would it be all right if it ran on the Zilog Z80? -h
mevalade

Post by mevalade »

msavoia wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:
msavoia wrote:This has also certainly been mentioned before as i recall but let me suggest it again.^_^
The ability to automate the active/not active (On/Off) state of an effect.
You can do something like that now only *if* the effect has a mix dial or or its own on/off parameter, but the ability to active/deactivate any effect mid-stream by automation is not currently possible....
Hi,

You can put the effect on a Send track and automate the send.
Greg
Yes, but that requires some extra maneuvering if you've already got the effect set up on a particular track - sometimes you just want to shut it off (inactive) automatically at certain points...
It would be nice to change Effect Chains (or simply effect preset) through automation. I mainly use Mixcraft to record jams. I I hit record an leave Mixcraft runs for an hour or so. During playback I would like to apply different effects to different songs. Just an idea!
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

A Toneboosters update? If deals can be made that incorporate more of their plugins (they are good value) eg Barricade and Reelbus and an update to their 64bit versions.

Also, tiny icon representations of each added FX on the channel strip?

Marvellous!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
MrCrazyJOEMAN

Post by MrCrazyJOEMAN »

Posted on another thread about an issue i'm trying to overcome... I'd like to add my vote to better crossfading tools such as being able to highlight all clips and just drag them all out at once (lengthen and/or stretch). I have seen many other DAW's with this ability.

This would come in handy when manually quantizing all 9 of my recorded drum tracks.

Cheers
Joe
SuperSonic60

Post by SuperSonic60 »

Choose what fx 'fx button' (next to time screen in main window) switches off. Whether it be just fx on master fader, all fx in session (for ease of preliminary mixing during tracking) or selected channels/busses and channels within busses.

Mac compatibility.

Ability to freeze entire submixes at once rather than each channel within, one by one.
camerado

Audio Scrbbing & Add multiple clips to timeline in one operation Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by camerado »

Hi -

Mixcraft can really use an audio scrub function; sometimes I'm forced to exit Mixcraft and use Adobe Premiere (a video diting program) to do this with scrub-critical clips

ALSO: How can I add a group of audio files from a single folder to a single Mixcraft timeline, so they appear end to end, sequentially? (*NOT generating new tracks for each discrete clip)

Have tried everything and can't get it to work...

If this 2nd function doesnt exist, we need that one too :)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

SuperSonic60 wrote:Choose what fx 'fx button' (next to time screen in main window) switches off. Whether it be just fx on master fader, all fx in session (for ease of preliminary mixing during tracking) or selected channels/busses and channels within busses.
A master "off" switch has been requested, but I see some merit in taking that further......
SuperSonic60 wrote:Mac compatibility.
Doesnt seem likely. As I understand it that would be a complete from scratch totally new build in different coding language.
SuperSonic60 wrote:Ability to freeze entire submixes at once rather than each channel within, one by one.
Yes +10!
camerado wrote:How can I add a group of audio files from a single folder to a single Mixcraft timeline, so they appear end to end, sequentially? (*NOT generating new tracks for each discrete clip)
Unable to do it in bulk or as a group, only one at a time, is that what you mean?
If so, the option to place inline when doing a group file import would be another +1 for me.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
SuperSonic60

Post by SuperSonic60 »

Mark Bliss wrote:
SuperSonic60 wrote:Choose what fx 'fx button' (next to time screen in main window) switches off. Whether it be just fx on master fader, all fx in session (for ease of preliminary mixing during tracking) or selected channels/busses and channels within busses.
A master "off" switch has been requested, but I see some merit in taking that further......
SuperSonic60 wrote:Mac compatibility.
Doesnt seem likely. As I understand it that would be a complete from scratch totally new build in different coding language.
SuperSonic60 wrote:Ability to freeze entire submixes at once rather than each channel within, one by one.
Yes +10!
camerado wrote:How can I add a group of audio files from a single folder to a single Mixcraft timeline, so they appear end to end, sequentially? (*NOT generating new tracks for each discrete clip)
Unable to do it in bulk or as a group, only one at a time, is that what you mean?
If so, the option to place inline when doing a group file import would be another +1 for me.
Ah yes, if I've understood correctly.. the ability to import multiple tracks at once? That would be handy!

Shame about the unlikeliness of mac compatibility. Would the effort of coding it all be worth the revenue from the mac crowd?
The main reason I'd like to see this is to bring mixcraft to more commercial studios, or should I say easier intergration for us MC users. Hypothetically enabling us to rent a studio for the day and take full advantage of all their vintage outboard gear without rewiring everything :mrgreen:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

SuperSonic60 wrote:Shame about the unlikeliness of mac compatibility. Would the effort of coding it all be worth the revenue from the mac crowd?
Maybe if you charged double or triple so it fit in with all the other iOS hardware.........
SuperSonic60 wrote:The main reason I'd like to see this is to bring mixcraft to more commercial studios, or should I say easier intergration for us MC users. Hypothetically enabling us to rent a studio for the day and take full advantage of all their vintage outboard gear without rewiring everything :mrgreen:
Actually, swapping stems with users of MAC based DAW's is no different or more difficult than any other PC based DAW IMO. (That is actually quite easy!)
Other than perhaps the difficulty getting some MAC/ProTools types to accept the idea that there are other platforms out there. 8)
This does seem to be changing (however slowly) though. Lots of pro level producers using various other platforms.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page