Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

SuperSonic60

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by SuperSonic60 »

Mark Bliss wrote:
SuperSonic60 wrote:Shame about the unlikeliness of mac compatibility. Would the effort of coding it all be worth the revenue from the mac crowd?
Maybe if you charged double or triple so it fit in with all the other iOS hardware.........
SuperSonic60 wrote:The main reason I'd like to see this is to bring mixcraft to more commercial studios, or should I say easier intergration for us MC users. Hypothetically enabling us to rent a studio for the day and take full advantage of all their vintage outboard gear without rewiring everything :mrgreen:
Actually, swapping stems with users of MAC based DAW's is no different or more difficult than any other PC based DAW IMO. (That is actually quite easy!)
Other than perhaps the difficulty getting some MAC/ProTools types to accept the idea that there are other platforms out there. 8)
This does seem to be changing (however slowly) though. Lots of pro level producers using various other platforms.
Good points! I was more meaning to be able to open a mixcraft project on a mac rather than stems, but yeah it would most likely drive up prices... so maybe not mac compatibilty haha!
mick

Post by mick »

camerado wrote:
Hi -

Mixcraft can really use an audio scrub function; sometimes I'm forced to exit Mixcraft and use Adobe Premiere (a video diting program) to do this with scrub-critical clips
Requested by yours truly as a MX7 feature, I referred to the piano roll to audition a selected part being edited but evidently it would also have its values with audio. So... +1 :wink:
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I would like to request that the next version of MX have 2 paths or roads for the customer's hard earned cash.

1. A Dedicated recording only DAW bundle that does not have (useless for recording) features like alpha sampler, whatever the 'live music' thing is in the current version even the name of which I didn't bother to look up because it is that redundant to me etc..

2. The second path - Customers can pay more and get all the above non-sense if they wish.

The first product funnel would be optimized exclusively for the studio with good quality plug-ins and loops, high end effects (please not the useless or ultra specilaized kind like 'treble cream' 'ferox tape emulator' etc...etc..for studio use - this way the customer doesn't have to waste money on features that are absolutely USELESS for recording only applications.

The second funnel you can throw all sorts of fancy shite at the paying Joe and dazzle them with it all and make loads of money - to then fund the next version of a DEDICATED to recording only DAW! :D

Hear me o ye Acoustica Lords!
markpayot123

Post by markpayot123 »

How about Flex Time in Mixcraft 7 just like in Logic Pro X? :D :)
And a Global Track.
Vellosoft

Post by Vellosoft »

Sir Sparky wrote:I use a lot of midi , a midi clock sync would be really nice :)
I second that! I have tons of drum programs I'd like to bring in from my DR-880. As it is right now, I have to bring them in one section at a time and then quantize each section after I bring it in.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Append Templates to Project

Ya, that's about the best title I could think of. :lol:

Explanation: So I begin a tune as a piano sketch, then decide to load strings. At this point load my string submix(es) template(s) which is appended to the piano project so you see piano + string submix; then I want to add percussion, so add my percussion submix template and see piano + string submix + percussion submix on the screen etc.

Right now my orchestra template is <> 22GB so if I load it at the beginning of a project it takes awhile. Of course as the project continues it gets smaller from deleting unused tracks, but approaching from the other direction would make more sense IMO.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
ruhestrom

Post by ruhestrom »

long list now, and i don´t even know if it´s already possible...if so i can´t figure it out for the life of me...

when making the automation for a track, and i make that automation within let´s say a 4-bar loop section... i then copy and paste that loop a dozen times (just for example of course ^^), i would like to be able to have the automation copied along with it... (not talking volume or such which is obviously in the loop-brick itself, but automation for effects or certain instrument controllers like Filters etc on said track)

along with that a "highlight a section and delete automation for that section" would come in handy, so i can undo any automation within lets say 3 bars of the dozens i copied ... yea, i hope you know what i mean

right now i have to make the automation for each ongoing "section" again and again ...

!maybe it could work if you could do the automation similar to a midi loop, where a certain section of an automation track can be defined as it´s own "clip", which can be copied/ pasted, looped and edited seperately? uhm, yea...
mick

Post by mick »

ruhestrom.
You can highlight the 4 bar loop and add automation, then, copy and paste the automation elsewhere.
You can re-visit that pasted automation, highlight it, then using right click, select "clear" and that will erase the automation.
davefk

Post by davefk »

I'd like a function where you could change the volume of auditioned library sounds. To be able to choose the volume level for just auditioning, separate from the track volume. I currently find that auditioning is LOUD :-)
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Dithering.

Contentious, I know, but I know you guys know more about this than me, and can figure it out.

The Toneboosters Barricade limiter includes such an option when mixing down from 24 to 16 bit, with "noise shaping", and me - well, I can hear a difference with downconverting my 96/24 masters, but this is FAR from scientific, but ok for me.

Given that TB stuff (which is ace) is in ProStudio, maybe an option? Or natively. Or not at all :-)

Ta muchly
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Hi all , I am using Mixcraft 7 pro studio and fairly new but having a great time with it and Learning all the time, even though I think Mixcraft is the best, there is always room for something new , and the more I play around with it the more I find what I need, so here is my suggestion .

Would be nice to have an audio editor something like Melodyne would be great , you can manipulate an audio track almost like a midi track from what I can see. After all if you are using audio tracks you need to be able to edit that track in every way possible. Sure would save time from playing the track or section over and over again just to get the right note or pitch.

while I am here has anybody used Melodyne or similar with Mixcraft.
Mixcraft 7 Pro - Roland Octa-Capture - Rokit8 speakers and sub -DigiTech VocalistVR - Behringer MDX2200 composer pro - Roland U-220 - M audio keystation - Boss GT-3 - Boss GT-6B
Lots of luck and good friends :D
mick

Post by mick »

I just spent some time setting up Miroslav then started to edit what I thought was the next track and change from Piano to Flute but inadvertently overwrote the Miroslav track. :lol:
I suppose ctrl+Z would bring it back but I would like to suggest some idea of keeping "track" of where I am. Some sort of a track window could work where you select from the track list. There is already a track list in the sound/details tab, to expand on this is a suggestion.
This would also help when using the piano roll where you can select/solo/mute/audition/move a track but know where you are at all times. At the moment there is some confusion, I stared with 4 midi tracks and the instrument windows are nicely displayed to correspond with the track order, but then I added one more and it inserted between track 2 and 3 meaning I have to drag the new track to position 5. If a new track tagged onto the end by default it would keep things nicely organised just as it started. I did suggest (for MX7) closing a window when a new one opens so its not possible to accidentally edit the wrong one. Ta Ta. :D
chibear

Post by chibear »

+1 to mick's post. Hardly a project goes by that I haven't bolloxed something up as described above. It usually happens when I'm flipping madly between tracks during final mix. Greg's idea of inverting the selected clip helped a bit but the rest of the world didn't seem to like that solution.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
mick

Post by mick »

Inverted clips were the bees neez! 8)
BTW to prove a point some mysterious daw I use does close a vst window when another is selected and I haven't had any probs whatsoever, so it does work. :wink:
James Klutho

Post by James Klutho »

I think the following would be nice adds to a future version of MixCraft

1) The Studio Drums vst needs a have some editability. Simply being able to assign each instrument to a separate midi channel (to easily be used in submix tracks) would go a long way to make this vst shine.

2) This program needs support for midi loops libraries. Perhaps have 4 buckets a) drums b)keyboard c) bass and d) remainder. Each loop could be auditioned with a built is Mixcraft built-in sound. This would allow some functionality like EZKeys, most drum vsts that have groove libraries etc. Users could build their own libraries. A good library of midi loops would be creating backing tracks an ease - maybe in the flavor of Band in a Box. Make the piano roll edit very easy to move loops around keeping the loop in key while transporting.

Need export of midi project to XML music format. Be watching Reaper to see what they are doing currently. Reaper is currently concentrating on midi. Also importing of XML to a virtual instrument project

Mixcraft is a great program. It is so intuitive. Another possible niche for Mixcraft would be make it the midi king of DAWs. Looking at all the positive midi editor functionality of competing DAWs (I hear Sonar is the best) and make it better than that. Sound libraries are so good now a days it is staggering. I believe this to be the low hanging fruit.

Audio can always be improved but this has been beaten to death by all the competing DAWs.

Thank you for listening