Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by 7915983 »

-Automatic delay compensation

-The ability to save a zoom position, that we can access in one click, that helps a lot with editing.

-A DeEsser.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sami Seif wrote:-Automatic delay compensation
Mixcraft already has delay compensation on regular audio and MIDI tracks, but it doesn't have it on Submix, Send or Output tracks, so that would be the feature request.
mick

Post by mick »

Sami Seif Wrote -Improved scoring:
Pedal markings for pianos and harps for example, the ability to view all the instruments in the score at once, with the ability to convert them to pdf, Adding ornaments, performance directions and phasing instructions...

+1 but cubase will soon have a full notation composer and it will not be integrated into the daw.
Last edited by mick on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 7915983 »

Improved scoring would make mixcraft more competitive, and I think that in time, all DAWs will have tons of notation features.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Sami Seif wrote:Improved scoring would make mixcraft more competitive, and I think that in time, all DAWs will have tons of notation features.
I don't think so... Look at what Studio One recently did... They hooked up with Notion and have that as their "connected" notation software. They didn't fix their notation part, they bought Notion
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Mixcraft already has delay compensation on regular audio and MIDI tracks
Note that this does not work with convolution reverbs like SIR and Liquidsonic´s Reverberate LE. Put such a plugin into the master FX queue, record and behold some nasty delay upon playback. You have to disable such plugins during the recording phase.

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

chibear wrote:
There is quite a work flow factor of points vs curves especially when dealing with volume automations where every bump is heard in an exposed passage.
Yes, exactly. Doublefold issue ...workflow. If you were able to just draw the curves in with a pen tool it would exponentially speed up workflow. And on quiet passages stepping is usually an issue when using points to create volume automations.

Post by 7915983 »

clavguy wrote:
Sami Seif wrote:Improved scoring would make mixcraft more competitive, and I think that in time, all DAWs will have tons of notation features.
I don't think so... Look at what Studio One recently did... They hooked up with Notion and have that as their "connected" notation software. They didn't fix their notation part, they bought Notion
They didn't buy notion, both studio one and Notion are owned by presonus. Either way, I'm sure DAWs in the future will have more notation features, they already have a few so how could you expect them to not improve on that? Mixcraft hasn't had improved scoring in several years, so I think it's well deserved at this point.
mick

Post by mick »

Just to put the records straight I searched for this page because I've read it before and know it exists. Pre Sonus really did buy an existing notation program called "Notion". There was two versions, one for standard notation and one for Guitar including tabs. Pre Sonus merged both together in 4 and 5.
If Sami's prediction comes true it would indeed be great and I will be the first to applause, but I doubt it would be anytime soon. Developing a notation program is no small task and to incorporate one into a daw would shoot the price up. It ain't gonna be for nothing, there are too many devs that need to make a living. Sibelius and Finale have been strutting their stuff for at least 15 years and are still making improvements although many are relatively small and insignificant.
As I said previously, Cubase are developing their own notation program but no mention of it being part of Cubase only the audio engine. Time will tell otherwise as usual.

http://www.presonus.com/news/press_rele ... nus-Family

Post by 7915983 »

I think it's bound to happen at some point, can you imagine the scoring in DAWs not improving in the next 5 or 10 years, there's no way companies won't improve an aspect of a piece of software for that long.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sami Seif wrote:I think it's bound to happen at some point, can you imagine the scoring in DAWs not improving in the next 5 or 10 years, there's no way companies won't improve an aspect of a piece of software for that long.
HI,

MuseScore is excellent free, open source notation software.

Greg
bandso

Post by bandso »

- The ability to zoom down to the sample level. This is very useful when layering samples such as drum hits into multiple tracks (an outside kick sample on track 1, and inside kick sample on track 2, kick room sample on 3..etc) to avoid a flaming effect.

- Being able to select multiple tracks and time adjust/stretch them all be the same amount. (select an entire drum kits tracks and then quantixe the kick to the grid, by stretching all of the selected tracks by the same amount they will stay in phase and will avoid phasing issues)
Mixcraft 7 Pro, Sonar Platinum, Studio One Pro, Protools 8.4, Roland VS-2480

Post by 7915983 »

HI,

Greg[/quote]

I know, I use musescore, but it would be much more convenient to do everything in mixcraft, it would make the workflow much better, and more people would buy mixcraft because they could both notate, and record their music in one piece of software.
bandso wrote:- The ability to zoom down to the sample level. This is very useful when layering samples such as drum hits into multiple tracks (an outside kick sample on track 1, and inside kick sample on track 2, kick room sample on 3..etc) to avoid a flaming effect.

- Being able to select multiple tracks and time adjust/stretch them all be the same amount. (select an entire drum kits tracks and then quantixe the kick to the grid, by stretching all of the selected tracks by the same amount they will stay in phase and will avoid phasing issues)
+1 to you sir/madam, I applaud your intelligent and useful suggestion.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bandso wrote:- The ability to zoom down to the sample level. This is very useful when layering samples such as drum hits into multiple tracks (an outside kick sample on track 1, and inside kick sample on track 2, kick room sample on 3..etc) to avoid a flaming effect.

1. Just checking, but do you know about the option to use external audio editors from within Mixcraft?

2. Mixcraft 7 allows you to do operations on multiple clips at the same time. Just select a group of clips and use the Time Stetch or Transpose option on the Sound tab. You can also rename multiple clips this way and do a bunch of other things to them.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Sami Seif wrote:I think it's bound to happen at some point, can you imagine the scoring in DAWs not improving in the next 5 or 10 years, there's no way companies won't improve an aspect of a piece of software for that long.
HI,

Greg
Thanks for that link Greg. I for one, don't tie myself to music that needs to be scored most times so I'd rather MC be rid of the extra luggage and streamline the total production time.