Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anorax

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Anorax »

Mark Bliss wrote:That looks like exactly what I tried, what is the instrument and what is the CC you have selected?

I am wondering if it might be a mouse setting or something Slimey, I have tried various configurations, never happens for me so far.

If you can duplicate it consistently, maybe you could create a stripped down project and see if it happens on other peoples systems to see if that gives a helpful clue. Provide a link to a project download to support, or here and see if it happens to others maybe.
Saw this, and was wondering if this exists in beta. Hint: it does. I'll make a bug report about it.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Gah! You expect me to remember what that comment was about? :lol:

Upon review, I never reproduced the described bug after many tries, until you (Aaron) described it for us elsewhere. Good find, and yes, now I can reproduce. Thanks for clearing that up! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Mark Bliss wrote:Gah! You expect me to remember what that comment was about? :lol:

Upon review, I never reproduced the described bug after many tries, until you (Aaron) described it for us elsewhere. Good find, and yes, now I can reproduce. Thanks for clearing that up! 8)
Honestly I'm not sure how I found the comment to test the bug. Should be fixed when Mixcraft 8 comes around, though.
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Hi,

Any way to insert a track to enter chords and/or lyrics?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

creativeforge wrote:Any way to insert a track to enter chords and/or lyrics?
Not exactly, but some people might use the video track and video text tool for entering lyrics and typing in chord names. Some people create Karaoke style presentations that way.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

OK, I found a video tutorial on how to create a Karaoke track, so it's related to this, but not intuitive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZPUI3PCCE

If I could use letters from the alphabet and plug them above the timeline, that would be great. Seeing how the tutorial is loading Vocal Zap, I'm wondering if any notation software could be helpful here... hmmmm
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

If you are not creating Karaoke tracks, but just want to add lyrics as text, the video contains the information you need, just skip the Vocal Zap portion.
For chords, you could use text just as you do lyrics, or still images of chord names, tab, notation graphics, whatever you want in the video lane depending on whatever you wish to create.

I know some notation software offers some features that might help create something like this, but honestly- I am not familiar with any.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

OK thanks, I need something I can use to create as I go as well, so quickly click and change the chord, or add one, etc.

Mixcraft is my new DAW, I don't need to keep looking for this anymore, though! :)

Cheers,

Andre
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Cubase has a chord/lyrics track utility:

https://ask.audio/articles/cubase-7-tip ... hord-track
alindsey@gmail.com

Post by alindsey@gmail.com »

I would love to be able to jump to a specific measure rather than having to scroll through to find the place I want.
Pretty much any video editing software lets you jump to a specific time in the video you're editing, same idea. If I'm fixing something in measure 2 and want to go back to where I was in, say, measure 250, it would be nice to be able to hit a key command or click in the measure/time display at the bottom of the screen and type in the measure number I want to go to rather than having to scroll through every measure in between where I am and where I'm going.
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

alindsey@gmail.com wrote:I would love to be able to jump to a specific measure rather than having to scroll through to find the place I want.
You can use "markers" to do this.
LordOMRR

Post by LordOMRR »

love mixcraft , easy workflow and a lot cheaper than other DAWS, my hip hop productions are very professional.for years ive been a Fl studio user not anymore, mixcraft just proves that more expensive products are not always best! can't wait for mc8 ,thanks .
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

GovernmentMule wrote:
alindsey@gmail.com wrote:I would love to be able to jump to a specific measure rather than having to scroll through to find the place I want.
It may be of interest that MX8 will have a marker utility that expands this capability as well.
LordOMRR wrote:......for years ive been a Fl studio user not anymore, mixcraft just proves that more expensive products are not always best! can't wait for mc8
Welcome to the "family" 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
alindsey@gmail.com

Post by alindsey@gmail.com »

GovernmentMule wrote:
Yes, but it would be even simpler not to have to set up the markers to do it. To be able to click in the window, or hit a key command, and input the measure number you want to go to. Much like you can do with most video editing software and the video's timecode.
mick

Post by mick »

Idea withdrawn as its no big deal. 8)