Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

virtualtom

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by virtualtom »

I would be glad if there were a shut-the-%*&$-up! button. This button should cut ALL sound inclusive effect sounds etcetera. Just plain silence! A double click on the "rewind to start" button would be perfect. Thanks for your attention.
--
Bye! Tom
warhenk@yahoo.com

Post by warhenk@yahoo.com »

As MixCraft seems somewhat prone to lockup (in fairness, many programs are) when saves or loads are interrupted with a mouse click, I'd suggest enlarging and/or moving the green progress bar from its small size and location near the bottom-left, to center. Thanks!
Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller - woodwindist/composer/producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion™
www.spontaneousgroovincombustion.com
"She is all that I have left and music is her name"
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

virtualtom wrote:I would be glad if there were a shut-the-%*&$-up! button. This button should cut ALL sound inclusive effect sounds etcetera.
There is a STOP button...... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

How about a select all in loop option? Possible?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

kentb3050@gmail.com wrote:How about a select all in loop option? Possible?
Select all what? To perform what?

You can select an area, range, group etc. and use that selection a number of ways. Maybe what you want is already possible?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

Not that I know of, I want a faster way to select the loop area when active. Instead of having to fine tune the zoom every time I finish a mix just to convert it to wave. As is I'm constantly fighting the zoom as in 7 it seems so much more intuitive. I didn't have to zoom down to ridiculous levels.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Okay, here are the two features that I can tell you will be in Mixcraft 9:

1. Curved automation
2. Tempo envelopes

Greg
Oh, and pitch automation for clips, so:

1. Curved automation.
2. Tempo automation on the master track.
3. Pitch automation on clips.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Pthetitan

Post by Pthetitan »

Pitch automation :D :D :D
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

As yesterday I would like to render just a clip to audio for sending to a support site in case of a special VST it came to my mind that one of the greatest options of the daw I used for years and kind of missed most I would really like to see in mixcraft and that is to render a clip to midi. Background: if you use a chordprogression on a midi clip (generated from something like Captain Plugins or whatevever) as midi track input and another VST/Kontakt with sequencing capabilities it is always a pain in the a.... to record that output to a midi clip/track so I really loved this function that you can just render the output of that sequencing VST DIRECT to midi and that this works on CLIP level.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bigaquarium wrote:Morning,

The ability to colorize VST names would be helpful. And presets in the instrument list for that matter!

Best,

Nathan
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by your second suggestion, but you can create custom entries in the instrument list for particular presets right now. That's what a lot of the items in the instruments list already are.

1. Make a custom preset for a virtual instrument.
2. Add your custom preset to the instrument list by clicking New Preset in the Change Instruments dialog.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

Hi

I'm totally happy with MC and I only could repeat my opinion after using Logic, Magix, Steinberg: Mixcraft is the best of them in usability and performance :D

Here are my suggestions that would be useful for common use:

1. Give us more built-in MIDI signal transformation possibilities (for example: velocity min/max/transformation curves etc, same for aftertouch and modulation wheels) to bring different controllers close to specific used VST Instruments on a track in playability. I'm using VeloScaler at the moment on each track, but this feels more or less like a workaround for doing this. This could be a unique selling point for mixcraft when a hammond or piano VST is also playable like the real one on each controller.

2. Make the UI only a bit more modern as other users says. But please do not lose the good MC usability. Some simple modifikation ideas with great effects could be: a) remove the gradients or glass effects to make it more flat designed, b) remove the really old school wood bars from the mixer and simply replace it with a carbon pattern or something like this, c) make the dialog for choosing Instruments a bit more attractive in font sizes and colors. This dialog is high frequently used and looks currently a bit like a linux commandline editor.

3. Better sounding VST effects would be nice (reverb, delay etc.) and a bit more interessting UI for this built-in effects.

Regards,
Patrick
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.