Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Guaresneider

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Guaresneider »

Mixing Scenes Greg! pleasee ♥

jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Guaresneider wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 pm Mixing Scenes Greg! pleasee ♥

Oooh, me likey the compression meters. :D
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Can we have more modulation types and also have them presented more graphically in version 10?

Here is a mockup I've made (ignore the plugin itself or the subpar graphics, just trying to demonstrate a possibility of more modulation types):

image_2021-05-29_062612.png
image_2021-05-29_062612.png (282.04 KiB) Viewed 24831 times

** Even if you dont agree with an idea, please be respectful to others **

Thank you ☺️
Last edited by ferez21 on Sat May 29, 2021 1:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

The truth is that Mixcraft has nothing to do with Bitwig, your image assembly is very bad...ferez21 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You wanted to copy my beautiful mixer with the idea of scenes, scribbling a plugin that nobody uses, come up with something better. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Guaresneider wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:53 pm The truth is that Mixcraft has nothing to do with Bitwig, your image assembly is very bad...ferez21 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You wanted to copy my beautiful mixer with the idea of scenes, scribbling a plugin that nobody uses, come up with something better. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't believe this kind of comment came from an adult person. You don't have to agree with all of the ideas here but don't be a disrespectful douche for absolutely no reason.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

It was uncalled for, but easily ignored. :wink:

I have to agree that the automation lane methods appearance feels a bit... Dated. Though the new shapes and tools help some.

What would you think of the idea of "pop out" modulation modules/windows with suitable graphics for the task, that could be easily hidden or recalled from a small button or tab?

I dont use that kind of stuff much, so just "spit-balling" an idea here.
I could do without the Bitwigish graphics though. That is IMO the ugliest DAW I have ever seen. It hurts my eyes just to open the screenshots.
Just one mans opinion though. To each their own...
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Mark Bliss wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:46 am It was uncalled for, but easily ignored. :wink:

I have to agree that the automation lane methods appearance feels a bit... Dated. Though the new shapes and tools help some.

What would you think of the idea of "pop out" modulation modules/windows with suitable graphics for the task, that could be easily hidden or recalled from a small button or tab?

I dont use that kind of stuff much, so just "spit-balling" an idea here.
I could do without the Bitwigish graphics though. That is IMO the ugliest DAW I have ever seen. It hurts my eyes just to open the screenshots.
Just one mans opinion though. To each their own...
That could work too, any implementation would work and im pretty happy with the current one too, but i wish for more modulation modules like envelopes, sequencers and such, and more customization and controls if possible.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, I dunno.
Conceptually it would kind of be like more integrated modules vs. Using plug-ins?
Sort of as if some of the Cherry Audio modular synth stuff was integrated into Mixcraft maybe.

At some point that drifts more toward VSTi than a traditional DAW. Not that it would be a bad thing for some users.
But it might alienate some of us who are into the more traditional instead of electronic/synth stuff, by merely complicating the program.

I think one of Mixcrafts strengths has long been that it is highly adaptable to very different users needs and patterns. Wouldnt want to shift away from that, but expanding on it might always be welcome.

Am I far off base here?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Mark Bliss wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:01 am Yeah, I dunno.
Conceptually it would kind of be like more integrated modules vs. Using plug-ins?
Sort of as if some of the Cherry Audio modular synth stuff was integrated into Mixcraft maybe.

At some point that drifts more toward VSTi than a traditional DAW. Not that it would be a bad thing for some users.
But it might alienate some of us who are into the more traditional instead of electronic/synth stuff, by merely complicating the program.

I think one of Mixcrafts strengths has long been that it is highly adaptable to very different users needs and patterns. Wouldnt want to shift away from that, but expanding on it might always be welcome.

Am I far off base here?
Well, obviously each user's requirements are different, for example i couldn't care less about mixer scenes, yet i understand some people want and use it, and I wouldn't mind Acoustica adding it.

I was amazed by the modulation system of Bitwig, and I'm positive I'm not the only one since this is also one of the highest requested features in Studio One. It has nothing to do with breaching into "VSTi territory", you simply are not one of the users who see it as useful, and that's totally fine.

Also, this feature already exists in Mixcraft and it just needs a bit more work and some additions, this is not something that is going to ruin the DAW - it's there if you want to use it, and if you choose not to, it won't get in your way doing other stuff, it doesn't affect the traditional workflow one bit.

I'm surprised that some people don't understand that there are many types of users that use Acoustica and they all have different needs, and Mixcraft is doing a good job balancing things and I'm sure they will continue this way, it shouldn't be a "your feature requested against my feature request" war.

It really is a win-win situation for Acoustica adding modern features to attract new users, while making them unobtrusive exactly like they are now, not upsetting older users like yourself - you don't want to see or use the modulations, simply don't click the panel that opens them and you are good to go.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Dropping that FREEZE sound would be great for those that use headphones a lot. One thing I’d really like to see is better visual layout when rendering tracks to audio. Once rendered, keep it to one single track “visually” instead leaving the greyed out part too. It’s visually easier to manage, especially for those that use VST’s exclusively. Many of us render all of our midi to as we’re working to free up resources.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Dropping that FREEZE sound would be great for those that use headphones a lot. One thing I’d really like to see is better visual layout when rendering tracks to audio. Once rendered, keep it to one single track “visually” instead of leaving the greyed out part too. It’s visually easier to manage, especially for those that use VST’s exclusively. Many of us render all of our midi to audio as we’re working to free up resources.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

squeakie wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:51 am Dropping that FREEZE sound would be great for those that use headphones a lot. One thing I’d really like to see is better visual layout when rendering tracks to audio. Once rendered, keep it to one single track “visually” instead leaving the greyed out part too. It’s visually easier to manage, especially for those that use VST’s exclusively. Many of us render all of our midi to as we’re working to free up resources.

Sqk
Small tip, In the meantime, you can actually delete the freeze sound file and replace it with, say, half a second of quiet as a wav file. The file is in Mixcraft's skins folder.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

ferez21 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 am I'm surprised that some people don't understand that there are many types of users that use Acoustica and they all have different needs, and Mixcraft is doing a good job balancing things and I'm sure they will continue this way, it shouldn't be a "your feature requested against my feature request" war.
Completely agree.
I am just digging into how you might see it emplemented, as I am curious. Even if it were something I would perhaps never use.

As to the freeze sound- another note:
In the current version you can readily turn it down or off. Though the implementation of the feature needs a tweak IMO.
But I have beat that horse enough in the past.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Banjostar

Post by Banjostar »

I just bought Mixcraft and I really like.

One thing I have noticed is the lack of shortcuts. It would be nice to have shortcuts for midi-editing like quantize, note velocity and so on.

Maximizing and minimizing the track pane / midi-editor so you don't have to use the mouse to resize. Loop selection is another thing I use often. I'm not a fan of menu diving ;)
ape25

Post by ape25 »

Acquiring the Mixcrat 9 Pro, it was a little disappointing that Melodyne Essential doesn’t work quite fully but is a bit "crippled inside". I mean, "ARA Track" doesn't work, only "ARA Clip". Hopefully this thing will be fixed!

It would still be hugely great to be able to choose between "Record mode" (plugins off and small buffer) and "Mixing mode" (plugins on and long latency) with a single button. Is it then impossible to implement when not yet in an otherwise good DAW?