Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rrichard63

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by rrichard63 »

mpoirier wrote:I have had no luck recording MIDI from a VSTi plugin (drum machione, arpegiator, etc). This is essential ! ...
See this post:

http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... di#p111302

You might (or might not) need the surrounding thread for context.
mpoirier

Post by mpoirier »

We don't have an option to record the MIDI output of a plugin, but you can route the MIDI ...
This is why I propose this sugestion...

Unfortunately, the "Route to Track" workaround keeps crashing Mixcraft ( which is a very rare event ! )...

Thanks, hope you can work out a simple routing mechanism!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mpoirier wrote:
We don't have an option to record the MIDI output of a plugin, but you can route the MIDI ...
This is why I propose this sugestion...

Unfortunately, the "Route to Track" workaround keeps crashing Mixcraft ( which is a very rare event ! )...

Thanks, hope you can work out a simple routing mechanism!
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. In the meantime, you can try the workaround that Richard suggested.

Also, if you’re crashing when you use Route To Track, we’d like to figure out what’s going on. Please send in a support request and give us more details about what you are doing.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

This may have been suggested before but I'd like to put my vote in for Mixcraft to give more control over drawing automation. Right now you can't curve automation lines without making a bunch of little dots while on other DAWS you can just create 2 points and curve the line in-between. That would be very helpful especially with projects that have orchestral instruments.
It would also be cool to have a feature where you can literally draw automation with your mouse like you would using a program like paint or something like that, if you catch my drift.
chibear

Post by chibear »

jddrock wrote:This may have been suggested before but I'd like to put my vote in for Mixcraft to give more control over drawing automation. Right now you can't curve automation lines without making a bunch of little dots while on other DAWS you can just create 2 points and curve the line in-between. That would be very helpful especially with projects that have orchestral instruments.
It would also be cool to have a feature where you can literally draw automation with your mouse like you would using a program like paint or something like that, if you catch my drift.
+1

And again the same for CC# automation (you can draw there freehand but with little control).This is an area where Mixcraft lags way behind the likes of Digital Performer. Cubase, or even FL Studio and it has an impact on product quality, as jd said, when dealing with orchestra instruments.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
tongsong

Post by tongsong »

monitoring Midi effects,key bindings for midi quantize; piano rolls bars indication should be same with sequencer(or selectable), more color themes!
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

What i "miss" is the possibility to make your own custom pc keyboard shortcuts, or if not, at least shortcuts without having to use Ctrl or Shift.
Using the mouse will always be necessary for various actions but it would be nice to be able to record (after having set all your tracks/instruments) a song only using the pc keyboard with only "one hit" strokes, having the same feeling as being on a hardware workstation/synth.
Otherwise i love mixcraft !

Ps: I am not using my pc keybooard to produce/record in mixcraft. My main controler is a midi 88 keys master keyboard. There is enough place on it for my mini size pc keyboard, but not enough to use the mouse.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hit R to record?
Polychrest

Post by Polychrest »

New user and first post.

Here's how I got here. I'm a home-studio-based songwriter who uses a DAW mostly as a composing tool. Sonar was my primary DAW for years, although I've had productive flings with other products. Right now I'm looking to commit to a new one. Been busy the last few weeks trying out trial versions of some of the specially-priced packages aimed at us Sonar refugees. One of those was Mixcraft. After playing around with it, I quickly discovered that I liked it a lot--liked it enough to buy it. I found real intelligence behind an understated package. It's full-featured, totally intuitive, light on the CPU, and installs fart-free. Beneath its simple GUI and seemingly-spartan menu, there's a powerful, easy-to-use DAW with some very cool tricks.

I'm still in the uninformed-newbie first-impressions stage, so please take these suggestions with a big grain of salt.

1. I use multiple monitor screens in my studio. When I'm editing audio or MIDI full-screen in the sound editor, it would be nice to be able to open (and undock) the mixer and park it separately in its own space for quick simultaneous reference.
2. Another vote for expanded options in drawing MIDI automation. I like the MIDI editor a lot--this would make it better.
3. On first sight, the fake wood on the vertical edges of the mixer almost made me uninstall the demo version of Mixcraft. Whoever said get rid of it sees the world the same way I do.

Cheers to you all.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click the little Undock option and drag the mixer to your other monitor.

Greg
Polychrest

Post by Polychrest »

You missed my point, Greg, or--more likely--I stated it clumsily. When I'm already undocked and editing MIDI or audio full-screen on a second monitor using the sound tab, I'd like to be able to open the mixer undocked in its own space either on a third screen, or more likely, on the track screen under the transport bar and tracks window.

A floating transport bar would also be a good feature to add.
Ampfixer

Post by Ampfixer »

My big ask is for ripple editing. It seems few DAW's don't have it these days. Two other things that would be nice are user defined kb shortcuts and improved routing options.
bobbyathome

Post by bobbyathome »

I love mixcraft and don't have a bunch of suggestions or requests other than simply saying I would be crushed if you neglect or mess up the piano roll. Well actually, I would be super impressed and happy if I could just hit "save" and have all the files and associated files included in the save file instead of having to know anything about file systems and such. Keep up the good work.
bob53050

Post by bob53050 »

Is there a way to apply Property - Track Width - Normal to all tracks in project?

Thanks,

Bob
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bob53050 wrote:Is there a way to apply Property - Track Width - Normal to all tracks in project?

Thanks,

Bob
Hi,

Hold down the shift key and drag the height of the tracks:

Greg