Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Craig »

bigaquarium wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 am In further support of the flexible beat reference value suggestion, I believe that would allow the user to effectively obtain tempos far below 40 bpm, as some of our Mixcraft sound designers have requested.
+1
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Jimolson

Post by Jimolson »

A feature I would like to see is being able to high light a fader in order for finer tuning of levels during playback & mixing. For instance, highlight the fader and use the wheel on the mouse or the up/down arrows on the keyboard. i know eventually automation will be the way to go in the final mixing stages.

please let me know if this feature is already here & I'm overlooking it.

thanks
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Jimolson wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:37 pmFor instance, highlight the fader and use the wheel on the mouse or the up/down arrows on the keyboard.
This x1000! Even the TB plugins that come with MC have scroll wheel control.

M
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Display MIDI chords during playback.

I don't read or write music. Most of my music is improvisation. So let's say I improvise, and the vibe is good and I record for maybe 5 to 7 minutes. There’s a good chance I don't "know" this song. But I want to keep building it. So I’d like to add tracks to it, maybe some strings, percussion, etc.

1- The chords display would change as the cursor scrolls, even highlighting the chord's name when it hits the MIDI data. It could also be a resizable screen that could be "stickied" on top. The bottom piano/step/score displays MIDI, steps and notes, but not the chords names (guitar chords format).

2- We should be able to assign any track to this chords display.

I want to see what chords I recorded so I can overdub immediately without spending 30 min writing (guessing) this down. I don’t mind correcting a few chords if the guessing is off.I made a design of what I’m looking for, maybe that will help?

Is it possible?
chords.jpg
chords.jpg (325.65 KiB) Viewed 27264 times
Thanks!
touchstone

Post by touchstone »

Another suggestion. If the computer goes to sleep the midi devices get disconnected from mixcraft. It would be great if the computer went to sleep or hibernated that the devices connection also gets disconnected. When the computer starts up again it can re-establish a connection to midi/usb devices.
vizionheiry

RE: Chord Tool

Post by vizionheiry »

creativeforge wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:46 pm Display MIDI chords during playback.

We've been begging for a chord tool for years. Hopefully it comes in version 10. In the meantime, Studio One Professional Version 5 has just what you're looking for. It reads audio's chords via ARA from Melodyne and displays chords at the top. Check it out.

In Mixcraft, Melodyne Assistant does this with the recent update. It just doesn't transfer back to the main DAW interface after you click out the Editor window.
rev.f

Post by rev.f »

Separate the "undo/redo" arrows from the "enlarge/shrink" buttons, maybe put something between them. Or maybe just make them look very different. I often accidentally click on the former when I want the latter.
creativeforge

Re: RE: Chord Tool

Post by creativeforge »

vizionheiry wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:00 am
creativeforge wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:46 pm Display MIDI chords during playback.

We've been begging for a chord tool for years. Hopefully it comes in version 10. In the meantime, Studio One Professional Version 5 has just what you're looking for. It reads audio's chords via ARA from Melodyne and displays chords at the top. Check it out.

In Mixcraft, Melodyne Assistant does this with the recent update. It just doesn't transfer back to the main DAW interface after you click out the Editor window.
Thanks, I'll look into it. There's a program called Scaler that sort of does this, but it also has a two screens situation, although I haven't tried the demo yet.

Cheers.
Jimolson

Post by Jimolson »

THIS WOULD BE PRICELESS!

I don't read or write music. Most of my music is improvisation. So let's say I improvise, and the vibe is good and I record for maybe 5 to 7 minutes. There’s a good chance I don't "know" this song. But I want to keep building it. So I’d like to add tracks to it, maybe some strings, percussion, etc.

1- The chords display would change as the cursor scrolls, even highlighting the chord's name when it hits the MIDI data. It could also be a resizable screen that could be "stickied" on top. The bottom piano/step/score displays MIDI, steps and notes, but not the chords names (guitar chords format).

I want to see what chords I recorded so I can overdub immediately without spending 30 min writing (guessing) this down. I don’t mind correcting a few chords if the guessing is off.I made a design of what I’m looking for, maybe that will help?

Is it possible?
chords.jpg
Thanks!
[/quote]

Is it possible?

chords.jpg

Thanks!
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

1. A method where one can drag an object straight from the piano roll into a folder for later use as a WAV (or other type of) file.
I hate having to go through all of the steps to convert a piece of music or a sound to stems and then bring them back into the project.

2. Along the same lines, the ability to convert piano roll into a sound clip right on the spot. Similar to 'Mix to New Clip' but only add the component of converting it into a hard file/ object.
-So much of my music uses many tracks with multiple effects on each, therefore eating up resources. Once I get a sound that I like, it would be nice to just capture that and use it throughout the project without the system resource hit.

3. Ability to create custom scale templates and store them with the stock scale templates.

4. Ability to place ghost notes on the piano roll.
This would assist one in composing harmonies while seeing the main melody line in the background and allevate having to constantly click between tracks or screenshots.
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

One more wish...

The ability to put comments or 'sticky notes' in the Main Clip Grid. (and possibly on the Track List and Mixer as well)
This would assist the musician or mixer to keep track of 'to-dos' in context without having to keep them on paper nearby. This would improve workflow.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

It'd be helpful to have a visual peak checker, so if someone sends you a stem project you can say, set your peak threshold to -6 and any sample that exceeds -6 would show up in red and you could just set your clip gain visually without having to play through the song 1,000 times. A VU mode would be great too.

Either that or a normalize-to function where you could normalize to levels other than 0dbfs

N
pbognar

Re: RE: Chord Tool

Post by pbognar »

vizionheiry wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:00 am

Really hoping for a chord track in version 10. I could totally work with just Mixcraft, Scaler (if MIDI input fx existed) and Melodyne.

It would be really useful if the chord track chord names and position could be populated by Scaler and Melodyne.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

In honor of the rumblings about MC 10, here's my first of the allotted three suggestions:

1. A totally integrated and customizable hardware mapping system including:

a. As many protocols as possible including MIDI note, CC, MMC, program change, and SysEx, Mackie, NRPN, PRN, etc...

b. Scenes, layers, and control sets to enable context-based functions.

c. ASCII keyboard custom shortcut integration, treat the keyboard as any other MIDI input device in the same menu and interface.

d. Export hardware profiles to sharable files.

It has rightly been said that there are too many hardware devices on the market and it would be impossible to support them all natively, so my suggestion is to give the users the maximum amount of tools, protocols, and functions so we can make the hardware profiles ourselves and share them with each other and through Acoustica. Simply make the list of available protocols and functions as large as possible and we will do the rest. Also a great way to add custom keyboard shortcuts without developing a whole separate system for that. Scenes and layers will allow MIDI controllers to scroll about Mixcraft just as with Ableton or Bitwig, such as scrolling through the performance panel.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Omnisampler:

I wish they could implement that the sounds or kits within Omnisampler could be saved individually and NOT as part of the general 'bucket' and thus be able to share them with other producers who need the sounds, currently it is not possible since the folder where Mixcraft saves the samples is generic and shows absolutely all the saved samples and not individually by 'preset' produced, which makes it very difficult for the producer to share them. Thanks.