Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Glaw

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Glaw »

Would It be posible to have the option of dragging multiple clips at the same time? I don't mean moving multiple clips, I mean dragging the sides.
I usually do some manual editing when recording acoustic drums and find myself dragging one by one (sometimes I record up to 15 tracks, closed mics, OHs, etc) and this would make editing a LOT faster.
I believe this should be a very basic thing and every other DAW can do it, correct me if I m wrong.

Thanks in advance!
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

This function would make life a bit better when writing automation:
image_2021-06-04_011941.png
image_2021-06-04_011941.png (411.86 KiB) Viewed 27558 times
It is from Voltage Modular, and I hope they add it to Mixcraft as well.
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

Banjostar wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:43 pm I just bought Mixcraft and I really like.

One thing I have noticed is the lack of shortcuts. It would be nice to have shortcuts for midi-editing like quantize, note velocity and so on.

Maximizing and minimizing the track pane / midi-editor so you don't have to use the mouse to resize. Loop selection is another thing I use often. I'm not a fan of menu diving ;)
There's a list of shortcuts in the manual. I can only help you with loop because I use it often and it's simply the letter l. It will also assume you want to loop what you were recently working on so if you have markers in a template for example, pressing l loops the section you're on.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Suggestion #3:

Standardized library drag and Drop mechanism that is recognized by 3rd party plugins, so you can drag audio files and samples into 3rd party samplers and drum machines.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Some suggestions for v.10 please:

1. The ability to edit the clip titles directly in the Main Clip Grid. Even though you can edit the titles in the Track List, once you've recorded in that track, you can't change the titles in the Main Clip Grid, which can be annoying at times....or at least when you edit the Track List, it automatically updates the clips in the Main Clip Grid.

2. More track colours please....or the ability to user define?

3. A user section for dumping clips that you may want to use again.

4. The ability to view the Sound, Mixer and Library tabs in separate panes.

5. More video editing features.

6. A rhythm pattern creator similar to the old keyboard workstations that I grew up on.

7. Saving imported sounds automatically into a folder within the MX9 projects folder. At the moment, I currently create a folder within my project folder, copy any samples that I may use in that project and insert into my work from that folder rather than the root folder. That way, my project will always be intact rather than getting the "searching for files" when I inadvertently move or change my samples folder.

I may think of more but apart from that, I absolutely love Mixcraft! Thank you guys.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
pbognar

Post by pbognar »

It would be great if the Score Editor used the same conventions for selecting and manipulating MIDI notes as the Piano Editor and the Step Editor.

For example, selecting multiple notes, changing pitch/start time, or for copying and pasting.
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

When mixer is open I would like to be able to hide the preview track to allow more room for audio track.
When you have your mixer open on left side is panel listing all tracks in use. I would like to be able to hide that also to make room for more audio tracks....
Also I would like to have more brighter track colors available.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

hpharley90 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:25 pm When mixer is open I would like to be able to hide the preview track to allow more room for audio track.
When you have your mixer open on left side is panel listing all tracks in use. I would like to be able to hide that also to make room for more audio tracks....
Also I would like to have more brighter track colors available.
Totally agree, we need more colors for sure, and the Preview track takes up precious space and has to have an option to hide it.

Automation
1) I would love to have an option to mute automation lanes
2) Have more drawing tools like sine, saw etc.:
3) Have the option to move the automation together with a clip when dragging a clip

image_2021-06-18_065135.png
image_2021-06-18_065135.png (35.1 KiB) Viewed 27308 times
DiscoKiller

Post by DiscoKiller »

Small suggestion for "New project settings" screen when the software starts.

CURRENT BEHAVIOUR:
If I click ok, the project opens as specified. If I click the cross... the project opens as specified.

SUGGESTION:
Would it not make more sense that if the cross in the top corner is clicked the program would exit? Otherwise we have two options that do the same thing.

REASON:
For me I think it is a case of when I accidentally click on the mixcraft icon on my taskbar and have to wait through the splash screen and then click project settings window (X or OK), wait for the project to start (admittedly this isn't a long wait) then exit the program. To my mind it would make sense to have an option the exit the program without opening a project.

Other than that I love mixcraft :)

Cheers,
Mike
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Hoping for an extended version of Omni Sampler, as it is way too basic, basically forcing me to use a 3rd party plugin for anything but the simplest of projects.

Yes, Omni can store a lot of drum samples but the tweakability is almost non-existent, and a drum sampler should be more than just a place where you store your drum samples, drums are the backbone of any project.

Take a look at the built in drum sampler of what i would consider Mixcraft's direct competitor, nTrack Studio:

Capture+_2021-07-04-16-50-28.png
Capture+_2021-07-04-16-50-28.png (960.58 KiB) Viewed 27152 times

Personally, what i think is needed the most is velocity layering (same pad will trigger different samples at different velocities), and a visual waveform view where you can set the Start and the End points of a sample.

Thank you :)
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

For me Mixcraft is the best DAW on the market for home recording.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Improve instrument presets overall is important
1.1 Midi module configurations must be saved with the preset. This is more a bug than a feature. It's annoying when everyone has to tweak their expression pedal settings, etc., when choosing an instrument on a track.
1.2 More midi transformation options would be helpful. Min Velo, Max Velo, Velo-Curves etc: all per key, NOT just for the entire keyboard as other DAWs do (many VSTs today have articulation keys and so on).
1.3 Improve the UI of this dialog. It still looks like the Linux command line. Better pictures for the instruments wouldn't be bad either. This dialog is often used and the UI was never be improved.
2. With more track colors, I would also totally agree
3. Lyrics tracks or something similar would be helpful. Currently you can only capture and read your lyrics in tiny in the project window.
4. I also agree to the need to mute automation lanes

Otherwise Mixcraft is perfect from my point of view :D

Best regards,
Patrick
Last edited by ppayne on Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Though not a perfect solution, for lyrics you can add video track text windows at the specific timing for the phrasing.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Please add the option to distinguish between different MIDI channels of different notes in the pianoroll, by either displaying the channel number on the notes, or by different note colors like in the mockup below.

Also, having a bit more grip on the blue velocity nodes at the bottom would be nice to have:

image_2021-07-30_230849.png
image_2021-07-30_230849.png (36.66 KiB) Viewed 26961 times
joss

Post by joss »

I do not know if it has already been said but something simple and interesting would be to be able to regulate the volume, tone and time of the loops in the preview before inserting into the track.
Sorry for the translation, it may create some confusion.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
KingSavaunX

Post by KingSavaunX »

For starters custom templates, are up to the Owner/User to Create... If Acoustics does not mind, I created a template and posted how it looks, on my YouTube channel. KingSavaunX Beats. https://youtu.be/zvxirhF9BWQ