Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mick

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by mick »

This is a suggestion I put forward for Mixcraft 7 but didn't make it, the wording is different this time but means the same and I still think this would be a powerful editing/construction tool but have no idea how complicated it would be only that something similar already exists in Mixcraft 7 with clip automation as demonstrated by Mitchell in the Mixcraft university videos.

In the pic I have removed 2 sections. each of the 2 sections now reside in their own track where they can have different effects applied, this cannot be done while the sections remains in the original track because any effect applied will affect the whole track from start to finish. Multiple effects pile up and become an "effects soup" In other words the pic shows where part of the track has been isolated for editing but has to go into a clean track that carries any chosen effect.
Applying different effects to individual sections of a track is where the composers imagination is set free.

So, my suggestion is more of a question because of the complexity that may be involved, as you can see it can be done by adding new tracks but being able to do this in the one track would be slicker.
Q. is it possible to apply effects to an isolated section while it resides in the original track and not have to be placed into a fresh one? 8) The star (bottom left) indicates the missing section so would not be editable/stretchable with the rest of the track so this would be another reason.
Clip effects.PNG
Clip effects.PNG (424.06 KiB) Viewed 8621 times

Post by 7915983 »

You can do that with track automation, most effects have a dry/wet or an on/off knob. If you want to automate an eq, just put the frequencies back at 0 db. Hope that helps.
fuzzy330

Post by fuzzy330 »

Hi,

1)volume adjustment in Loop Library

2)change the order of vst plugins
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

people are already hicking up on the missing insertion delay compensation (already mentioned up some pages): read this thread.

So this would be on my to do list.

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

ZEN wrote:
fredfish wrote:
ZEN wrote:How about a full-fledged browser with sub-folder search functionality to drag & drop samples from? I'm currently using an external one which is no problem, but having to switch between windows can get a little tedious.

The ability to close certain windows within the dock. I don't use the loops window at all.

I'm sure someone has requested this, but multiple-outs on Omni Sampler. And the ability to layer sounds onto one pad. Which is pretty common for EDM music.

The ability to bring up a VSTi interface without having to open the dialog and then clicking edit.

The option to have the performance panel in a separate window, or dockable. Which would probably attract of live performance users to use Mixcraft on stage, by having synths on one screen, and a full screen performance panel on the other.
Love the idea to have the performance panel dockable.

You can layer sounds in Omnisampler - but only if you are triggering from a MIDI device or using the music typing keyboard.

Open Omnisampler
Load a sample in to the first location (by default C4)
Make sure that you have Show Details selected
Add another instance of Omnisampler
Load another sample into the C4 of of this instance
Repeat as often needed

Now when you play C4 on your keyboard all of the samples will play.

Agreed you cant use the GUI to playback all samples at once - but I have tried mapping this to my Launchpad S and MINI Launchpad and it works fine.

However I agree it would be nice to do all of this within one instance of Omnisampler - but at least it is a workaround.

Cheers

John

BTW welcome to the forum!
I will try this as well with the Omni-Sampler.

Thanks for the welcome, and tip. :)
Or, since Omnisampler is hard-coded into Mixcraft, what if you could access FX options on a per-pad basis from Omnisampler itself?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

aquataur wrote: ......on the missing insertion delay compensation......
So this would be on my to do list.
-helmut
I think we can consider that request already made, for example:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Mixcraft already has delay compensation on regular audio and MIDI tracks, but it doesn't have it on Submix, Send or Output tracks, so that would be the feature request.
but I would agree it seems like an important enough request to be worthy of restatement.
mick wrote: .......Applying different effects to individual sections of a track.....
While personally I have yet to discover the need to fully turn a plugin on and off this way, it seems like a reasonable request. As far as I know there is no quick easy way short of automating some features that vary wildly from plugin to plugin as has been discussed, and in fact as has been pointed out, in some cases it is rather a pain!
I think a simple solution might be to have an automation setting that simply toggles either the vst or all vst's in a chain on and off as if you checked these boxes:
toggle.jpg
toggle.jpg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 8527 times
Is that what you are looking for Mick?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
TechnoBill

Post by TechnoBill »

Sync external Midi devices.
As a minimum act as a master send midi clock data.
Ideally, an option to act as a slave as well. Would be so nice if I could press the record on Mixcraft but waits for my hardware Sequencer to start than then gets bpm from the external sequencer so it all lines up.

But going the other way as a minimum is probably the easiest to achieve, Sending midi clock to a device would be so helpful, especially since 100 bpm on one device is not necessarily exactly 100bpm in Mixcraft
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Anorax wrote: Or, since Omnisampler is hard-coded into Mixcraft, what if you could access FX options on a per-pad basis from Omnisampler itself?
Completely agree that it would be great to implement within Omni-Sampler itself. I was just pointing out that util such time that happens there is a work around.
samuel

How to change chords when writting a song

Post by samuel »

How to change chords when writting a song
chibear

Post by chibear »

SMOOTH LINES & CURVES IN MIDI CC# CONTROLLERS
I'm bringing this up again as there was 0 response of support to my suggestion earlier.

I need to be easily able to program CC#s especially so that I have smooth lines and curves without having to program 1000's (literally) of controllers individually.

Here is a video of how it is implemented in Digital Performer (He get's into actual editing at 5:58). The author works with exactly the same approach as I do. In Mixcraft this process takes aeons longer and I have had to resort to programming VSTi output to be able to get such a phrasing which makes my MIDI clips totally un-portable to anyone not using Mixcraft.

Acoustica: I've again looked around at different DAWs and Mixcraft is at the bottom of the heap in this area. There was even a freebee that had better implementation. If it is not going to be a priority for 8, please tell me now as it will obviously be time for me to move on.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You've got support here Chibear. I consider upgrades to the MIDI editing toolset and workflow one of the top-tier feature requests.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mark Bliss

Re: How to change chords when writting a song

Post by Mark Bliss »

samuel wrote:How to change chords when writting a song
Going to need to elaborate here. Is this a request, suggestion, question. comment.........
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
samuel

USING LOOPS

Post by samuel »

WHEN WRITING A SONG WITH LOOPS CAN YOU CHANGE THE CHORDS OR ADD CHORDS
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Mark Bliss wrote:Is that what you are looking for Mick?
YES! Being able to turn on and off different effects with automation at different points would be very cool, as mentioned, not all effects have dry/wet, output etc.

Also, being able to use mouse wheel to turn knobs and adjust sliders when curser on said knob or slider.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Rolling Estonian wrote:
Mark Bliss wrote:Is that what you are looking for Mick?
YES! Being able to turn on and off different effects with automation at different points would be very cool, as mentioned, not all effects have dry/wet, output etc.

Also, being able to use mouse wheel to turn knobs and adjust sliders when curser on said knob or slider.

M
Hi,

You could do that with a Send track. You put the effect or effects on the Send track and then change the amount of send.

Greg