Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Hobbs

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Hobbs »

JonInc wrote:Offering themes (ala Digital Performer and Reaper) might be asking too much, but how about being able to narrow/widen strips; button, fader and metering options; powerful color/hue customization, etc.
This.

Themes/Skinning (also ability to color select mixer tracks). Would be such a lovely addition.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Hobbs wrote:
JonInc wrote:Offering themes (ala Digital Performer and Reaper) might be asking too much, but how about being able to narrow/widen strips; button, fader and metering options; powerful color/hue customization, etc.
This.

Themes/Skinning (also ability to color select mixer tracks). Would be such a lovely addition.
YES!

More colors! Also, maybe snazzing up the MC vst's a bit....... I know, I know, it's about function....... I'm just saying.

M
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

In order of their current absence driving me nuts:

1. Add a marker via a single keystroke
2. Convert a playback loop's boundaries into a selection
3. Ability to list the current project's dependencies (i.e. list the files the project uses and their locations)

4. Allow undocking of the transport bar
5. Include a button and keystroke that instantly mutes all sound
6. Select multiple tracks and (via right click) perform operations on them such as muting, deletion, etc.
7. Right click in blank space below tracks to add a track
8. Allow use of the Percussion Clef in Notation View
9. Include a "drum map" labeling for Omni Sampler pads
10. Include a Gate effect, such as GVST's free Ggate, to Mixcraft Standard
11. Update bundled effects (such as GVST, Voxengo, and ToneBoosters) to already-available 64-bit versions
12. Request/negotiate creation of 64-bit effect and instrument builds with vendors (such as Izotope) where possible
-Erik
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Clip gain á la Pro Tools
What Is Clip Gain?

Clip Gain (...) allows you to make level changes to an audio clip, and rather than just listening to the differences, you will also see a difference in the waveform meaning you can very quickly bring different dynamics in line with one another.
(source)
C# or Bb!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

And that reminds me.....

I would appreciate a gain trim and HP filter at the input of every channel strip, as would be found on a hardware mixing console.

(And +1 on the dockable transport bar!)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Oh, man, one I forgot that would surely make my top 5.

Verbose "Undo" commands, i.e., the operation that you are undoing or redoing is shown on the menu.
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I could be wrong, but I would think that might be somewhat tricky Erik. It would be nice though!

(I can honestly say I have never seen anything quite like that before, in any program with "Undo" functions. Do you have any examples of it?)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Photoshop sort of does that. It keeps a verbose history in its history list and you can jump to any point in that list (up to the set number of maximum history states). If you click on the edit menu and then look at undo it will tell you the action that is about to be undone - however this menu only shows a single verbose undo action, if you select undo the menu item changes to a redo option.

Cheers

John
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote:I could be wrong, but I would think that might be somewhat tricky Erik. It would be nice though!

(I can honestly say I have never seen anything quite like that before, in any program with "Undo" functions. Do you have any examples of it?)
?

The only thing I can think of is that I was not clear. The program is already keeping track of a long list of actions, why would it be tricky to also remember the names of those actions and display the most recent one next to the word "Undo" or "Redo?"?

I am hard pressed to think of any content creation program (aside from Mixcraft) that does NOT have this feature, but here is partial list of programs that do:

Microsoft Word
Microsoft Excel
Adobe Photoshop
Sony Vegas
Cockos REAPER
Audacity
Finale NotePad
-Erik

Post by 7915983 »

1-The ability to to zoom in more on wav tracks, every major DAW allows us to zoom in to samples.

2-Slots with plugins assigned to them, so that if there are plugins we use frequently we could just press "alt+ctrl+1" for example, and that would open up an assigned plugin like a certain compressor, or EQ or something else.

3-The ability to edit MIDI while I'm the arrange window, like in pro tools for example.

Post by 7915983 »

Oh, and also, it would be nice to have a pitch correction plugin, I know we already have Gsnap plugin, but I'm looking for something similar to melodyne. Maybe Acoustica should make an "Acoustica pitch correction" and integrate it into the next version of mixcraft, and possibly sell it as a vst.
mick

Post by mick »

Irrelevant post deleted.
Last edited by mick on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Starship Krupa wrote:The only thing I can think of is that I was not clear.
I am hard pressed to think of any content creation program (aside from Mixcraft) that does NOT have this feature
No, its entirely possible I am ignorant on this. Honestly haven't seen it, so I am learning something new.

Word and Excel? Abandoned them a couple of decades ago. Too expensive, complicated and too many difficulties with creating files that weren't compatible with users of other programs. Found other ways to fill my needs.
Adobe Photoshop or Sony Vegas? No experience. Zero.
Cockos REAPER, yeah, demoed it a long time ago, never got very far.
Audacity. About 10 years since I messed with it.
Finale NotePad. Not yet.

So yes, this is an interesting idea if it can be integrated into Mixcraft.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

All related to the piano roll...
A step input feature via usb keyboard, perfect for chord input, arpeggio's and single note entry
A scrub/audition feature of a selected section, this can be done by placing loop markers and activating the loop button but a scrubber would be neater, faster, and frustration free. A scrubber allows any portion to be heard at will and decide if changes are required with no loop markers required
Display multiple tracks
Display a track in its track colour for identifying which track is being edited or played
There's a dozen more but they are more about luxury than basic requirement.
Thank you kindly. :D
Last edited by mick on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

1) Step recording
2) Support for VST3 plugins