Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Htos_Drol

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Htos_Drol »

The ability to limit backups to a user defined number. I don't need 200+ backups of a project, maybe only need the last 5... max.
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

How about a solo button and a mute button in the MIDI editing view?

It would help to work faster and compare immediately the result of changes made, without having to always leave the MIDI editing view to go to global view, and then back to MIDI editing, etc. There is room in a few places. :)

mxcraft.jpg
mxcraft.jpg (285.03 KiB) Viewed 49984 times

Thanks!

Andre
Barth

Post by Barth »

creativeforge wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:02 pm How about a solo button and a mute button in the MIDI editing view?

It would help to work faster and compare immediately the result of changes made, without having to always leave the MIDI editing view to go to global view, and then back to MIDI editing, etc. There is room in a few places. :)

mxcraft.jpg

Thanks!

Andre

Totally agree! It is one of the proposals I had to make. Very often I too have to leave the MIDI editing view to mute or solo click and then back to the MIDI editing view each time.
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

What he said! ▲ :D
Gary Lewis

Post by Gary Lewis »

Hi, I love the add LFO feature in the vst wrapper and use it a lot, it's very powerful.

It would be nice if you could add a retrigger function for the times when you want consistency in the modulations when hitting a new note, instead of the randomness of a free running LFO.

Also extending the maximum length of bars from 4 to 8 or 16 would be helpful, for example when modulating parameters on slowly evolving pads.

It would also be brilliant if you could add an envelope generator in a similar fashion to the LFO feature. Preferably a MSEG type envelope with retrigger and the ability to snap to semitones and even scales. Ha ha ha you can but ask.

I think these two would also be great as individual effect plugins in their own right with the added ability to save your modulations as presets. I've been looking for plugins that are able to do this and have not had much joy. There's definitely a gap in the market for this kind of plugin and you really hit a home run when you put this into Mixcraft, I hope you will continue to improve and develop it. Please don't sleep on it, it's too good.

I have been able to modulate my vst plugins like never before and overcome the limitations of various soft synths and bring new life to them. So thanks for that and keep up the good work.

All the best,

Gary
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

The ability to paint ghost notes into the piano roll.
BillB

Post by BillB »

https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21019

VST control of external MIDI hardware

Just saying (again)!
Bobby J.L.

Post by Bobby J.L. »

More diverse track color options. The current track color seem very lackluster and dull. Although they are very functional.
Barth

Post by Barth »

Bobby J.L. wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 am More diverse track color options. The current track color seem very lackluster and dull. Although they are very functional.
It would be nice to have more color options for tracks. That would help differentiate much better some tracks from others, in addition to pleasant to look at.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Option to show or hide clip automation.

I currently automate from the track because it can be hidden and doesn't reflect in the clips - just looks neater :wink:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Barth wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:49 pm
Bobby J.L. wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 am More diverse track color options. The current track color seem very lackluster and dull. Although they are very functional.
It would be nice to have more color options for tracks. That would help differentiate much better some tracks from others, in addition to pleasant to look at.
Is it possible to allow us to pick/make our own colors based on selecting it in a color palette?
f2338c6be659f5db071e992d1dd2f133.png
f2338c6be659f5db071e992d1dd2f133.png (90.43 KiB) Viewed 49430 times
aacfa9020c27265156037df608c3d435.png
aacfa9020c27265156037df608c3d435.png (108.74 KiB) Viewed 49430 times
214337f51fa6f0eb2bb87cb7ade9bfaf.png
214337f51fa6f0eb2bb87cb7ade9bfaf.png (28.92 KiB) Viewed 49430 times
Thanks!
Jcalsos

Post by Jcalsos »

I don't think this already exists, but I would love a way to bake effects into a track or clip inside of Mixcraft without needing to solo it and mix down.

The primary use I would use it for would be to put a huge reverb on a clip then reverse it so it can be a reverse reverb swell.

If that's already possible, please let me know how.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Jcalsos wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:56 am I don't think this already exists, but I would love a way to bake effects into a track or clip inside of Mixcraft without needing to solo it and mix down.

The primary use I would use it for would be to put a huge reverb on a clip then reverse it so it can be a reverse reverb swell.

If that's already possible, please let me know how.
Right-click to the left of a track and select "Mix to New Audio Track."
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

After many hours using this fine product (lately in Win11) there are only two things that actually impede my productivity. Even so, yes there are workarounds.
(1) Inability to share (tracks) across multiple instances. My workaround is limiting because I go to stems with one project and import them into the other and lose the flexibility inherent in the midi tracks.
(2) Inability to route multiple channels of midi data out from compositional tools such as scaler, insta*, and chordjam back to other tracks. The workaround has been to compose entirely in the tool and then export to the DAW or just compose one new track at a time.

Every once in a while, I accidentally edit the wrong channel. I could have sworn I was editing the bass part and I just hosed the piano....operator error as it is clip-based vs channel based, I guess. Undo, and all is good.

Mixcraft does still surprise me in useful ways. I had no idea how good the alpha and omni samplers are till just recently. The Melodyne integration is as smooth as butter. Honestly. I don't want so many features that the tool becomes a frustration like so many others. This program is straight forward, uncluttered and life is too short to navigate through a million different "features" I will probably never use.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

This is a simple UI thing: it's odd that you can do many more things under "Preferences" for plugins that you can't under "Manage Plugins." If you're going to have a separate menu option for plugins, then put ALL of the plugin management under that and remove it from the general one.