Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Wookiee

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Wookiee »

Not read through the 54 pages of this thread so these may well have all ready been suggested so forgive me for reiterating them again if they have.

Three things that struck me whilst I have been gaining an insight to the workings of MixCraft Pro.

1. Markers in the Score/Staff view would be useful.

2. Being able to see more than one track in the Score/Staff view would be very useful.

3. I suspect because of the above limit it is the same in the MIDI editor so again being able to see more than one track in the PRV/MIDI editor view, even if it only ghost notes of the other tracks it would again be useful.
https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
BillW

Post by BillW »

Related to the Mixing Console appearance thread -

Is it too complicated to make the INI files that control the appearance more intuitive to tweak? So the user community can design custom skins to improve the appearance, without the limited resources of the incredibly talented Mixcraft development team having to consider it?
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Sys EX and daw compaibility with the Genos!!

I would luv that!!
Funkfingers

Re: HP filter in the mixer section.

Post by Funkfingers »

A simple HP-filter in the mixer per channel. Please.
Acoustica Greg

Re: HP filter in the mixer section.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Funkfingers wrote:A simple HP-filter in the mixer per channel. Please.
Thanks for the suggestion! You know about this, right?

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Funkfingers

Post by Funkfingers »

Ok. Thats nice. I will try that.
But...nothing beats the simplicity in having a HP filter directly in the mixer section.
Im wondering. How is the mixer configurable? It says it is.
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

Funkfingers wrote: ... Im wondering. How is the mixer configurable? It says it is.
To the left of the mixer panel, where it says "Show Tracks:" Horizontally, you can show/hide any combination of tracks you want. Vertically, next to the "None" button there is a button with a gear icon. It opens a menu where you can show/hide the inputs, sends, effects, output/routing, track buttons, EQ and volume/pan.

Hope this helps.
Funkfingers

Post by Funkfingers »

Ok. Thanks. Love mixcraft. Also a longtime user Of Cubase and Sonar.
But Mixcraft is it for me.
Its what Cubase used to be.
Easy,fast,sounds great and a inspiring GUI.
Thumbs up! Great work.
Know if it only had a HP filter in the mixer section. :)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Funkfingers wrote:now if it only had a HP filter in the mixer section.
Hello and welcome.
I'm with you on this, but it seems we are a minority,
But if it helps, its been suggested. A few times. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Funkfingers

Post by Funkfingers »

Thanks Mark.
If its been suggested several times then its of no meaning to nag further.
Just hope that the Mixcraft team dont do the same mistake that the Sonar team did.
We suggested several user friendly solutions but they seldom listened.
Insted it seemed they made the program more and more capable.
Till it became cluttered with hundreds of commands in menues and hidden features that only a select few would have any use of. Post production in film/commercials etc.
We as musicians need it to be fast and intuitive. Thats why I love Mixcraft.
So I surely hope they listen to us musicians when we suggest functions to make Mixcraft more user friendly.
As a compressor and hp filter i the mixer section. Basics.
To create a automation lane for every track that needs a hp filter,is not user friendly.
To insert a compressor as a insert for every channel that needs one is not user friendly.
To go thru menues or keyboard commands to find the tap tempo is not user friendly.
These should be up front. As the tuner is.
Mixcraft is such a user friendly program as it stands. If the Mixcraft team is with us on making it the most user friendly DAW on the market they should listen to these humble suggestions.
wfguitar

Post by wfguitar »

Hello, I would like to suggest a shortcut key for the Punch in button, maybe the"i" key. Seems like it would work because the "L" key is for the loop button.

Thank You
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

1) Per track, have a single off/ on switch for all FX inserted; perhaps this could be built into the existing track "FX" button, as something like a small toggle-able "X" or "LED" in, say, the upper right hand corner of the button

2) A global FX off/ on switch; I know one can toggle this for the purpose of rendering stems, but it would be very nice to have this ability on a "live" basis

3) Make the bar timeline settings in the piano roll match those in the track view. Right now, if in the track view I select for looping, say, bars 21-23, then in the piano roll's timeline, those are labeled bars 1-3. Though should labelled bars 21-23.
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

Funkfingers wrote: We as musicians need it to be fast and intuitive. Thats why I love Mixcraft.
So I surely hope they listen to us musicians when we suggest functions to make Mixcraft more user friendly.
As a compressor and hp filter i the mixer section. Basics.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you set up a template with with these inserted in each track, and get the same result? Seems like that would take about 3-5 minutes, and would usable forever. It's detailed on page 191 of the MC8 manual.

Personally, I'd only ask the developers to consider things which a user can't easily workaround.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Compatibility with Yamaha Genos
Sonar defunct

Put Cubase out of business :lol:

Come on Mixcraft you could kill off the competition !!
Checkmate

SYS EX ------ There is a lot of us midi guys out there that would love to have our internal keyboards sounds playing like vst

Mixcraft is king for VST!! :) Make Mixcraft King for sounds on Internal keyboards sounds!!! :roll:

This has got to be a simple request :(

Mixcraft workflow Is the best only for VST
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

lingyai wrote:Make the bar timeline settings in the piano roll match those in the track view. Right now, if in the track view I select for looping, say, bars 21-23, then in the piano roll's timeline, those are labeled bars 1-3. Though should labelled bars 21-23.
I agree wholeheartedly with this, adding that it becomes impossible to use the bar timeline in the piano roll if you use more than 1 time signature in a piece.
Also
1) Being able to scroll out beyond bar 500 for very large 64 bit files.
2) Video automation that actually renders as many effects as it applies during workflow, not just the 2 that it does now whilst ignoring the rest.
3) Event list window (which could be hidden/unhidden with selectable event types to list at any given point of use, for easy editing)
4) Splines for controller window under piano roll
5) Midi clock in (not only out, as it is at present)
*) (possibly related to point 2) fixing the applying of effects beyond the points were they currently cease working.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6