Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by mixyguy2 »

chaxile wrote:Vst Auto organise By Vendors to be categorised
A little more ability or options on the VST lists would be nice, but tbh way down my list - what's there works fine IMO.
And must add a future auto Replece with VST 3 AND vst
Yeah implement that in like......version 15. :) Won't be needed before then.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

A switch to turn off the auto-loading of the crash report form when the program crashes. It's a pain in the arse. Every time I bother to fill it in (which is rare) I get an email response I did not ask for - whilst I am happy to know which plugin failed that does not mean I require to be instructed to remove it to make the project work (especially as I usually have more than one instance of every plugin loaded, so the advice is meaningless as removing the plugin is not an option - if something fails I work around it).
There is a difference between wanting advice when something crashes and responding to a self loading form in the belief that the program makers might wish to be informed of failure points in the way the program and plugins interact with each other. Maybe a choice between two different form options, both of which could be ignored with a 'close' click would be a solution.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
ChimeraUK

Post by ChimeraUK »

I would like to see graphic representation of the waveform of a track (regardless of whether audio or MIDI), preferably one that was dynamic so that when you use FX etc or change the gain on a WAV file you get a visual representation of how it affects the shape of the audio on the track. I think Pro Tools has something like this and it seems like it would be useful. Would be good on the master track too...

On a different tangent better Boot Camp compatibility would be good too. It has gotten better IMO but think there's room for improvement.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Solo button: only one track should be permitted to be solo (hence the name "solo" :) ). If I have a track highlighted solo and hit solo on another, I expect that 2d track to show solo-ed and all other tracks to automatically un-solo if previously selected. IMO "Solo" should mean "only this track will play." The way it is now, there's no real diff between Solo and simply muting/unmuting other tracks. i.e. defeats the purpose.

Mute button: if I mute any track, it should be muted, REGARDLESS of any other setting. But if I have a track with Solo highlighted and hit mute, it still plays. ?? Basically if I select one, the other should automatically disengage.
Drawn01

Post by Drawn01 »

Hey Guys,

Some suggested features that I really need:

01: Editing warping tool needs to be able to warp/edit multiple clips at once (not just one at a time) what I need for editing 10 drum tracks at once (real recorded drums not midi)
02: linked clips on timeline need to be able to drag cut across all at once (as per linked clips) **not dragging clips to move but adjusting cut as a group**
03: cross fades on timeline at end of clip cuts needs to be available (to not use rubber band for fade) at end of cut clips on timeline.
04: zooming in further deeper on clips in timeline
05: keyboard short cut for adjusting track/clip height on timeline (or is there a short cut for this already?)

With these added features and adjustments would make Mixcraft PERFECT for me, I came from using sonar to mixcraft as my laptops graphics card is incompatible with sonar, Mixcraft please make these features in the next version!

Cheers.
Biker Bob

Post by Biker Bob »

I would like to see better hardware support for the Yamaha MOXF series of keyboard work stations. I have had very little success in getting information on how Mixcraft Pro Studio will interface with Yamaha's MOXF Editor from a VSTi point of view and if Mixcraft will integrate with Yamha's Remote Editor to set up templates for controlling VSTi instruments within Mixcraft on the keyboard. Yamaha says they have no experience on Mixcraft DAW and Mixcraft says they have no experience on the Yamaha MOXF keyboard... The Yamaha keyboard says it will integrate with most DAWS, so Mixcraft should be able to work with it, but I have not been able to find any real answers on integration. Please help...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have any special integration for the MOXF's editor. You can use the MOXF with Mixcraft like any other MIDI controller keyboard - you can use it to control VSTi and record MIDI. You can also send MIDI from Mixcraft out to the MOXF.

I guess it all depends on what you mean by integration? What specific function are you looking for that you can't find? How far did you get? Can you record MIDI and play it with various virtual instruments?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
MATTOROURKE

Post by MATTOROURKE »

Drawn01 wrote:Hey Guys,

Some suggested features that I really need:

01: Editing warping tool needs to be able to warp/edit multiple clips at once (not just one at a time) what I need for editing 10 drum tracks at once (real recorded drums not midi)
02: linked clips on timeline need to be able to drag cut across all at once (as per linked clips) **not dragging clips to move but adjusting cut as a group**
03: cross fades on timeline at end of clip cuts needs to be available (to not use rubber band for fade) at end of cut clips on timeline.
04: zooming in further deeper on clips in timeline
05: keyboard short cut for adjusting track/clip height on timeline (or is there a short cut for this already?)

With these added features and adjustments would make Mixcraft PERFECT for me, I came from using sonar to mixcraft as my laptops graphics card is incompatible with sonar, Mixcraft please make these features in the next version!

Cheers.
These are all great and have been brought up in multiple places, and not once have I seen it even acknowledged by any of the team. Hope this doesnt get over looked.
Drawn01

Post by Drawn01 »

Totally, this software urgently needs this kind of group editing on the timeline,

I have now migrated to Reaper, Reaper can do this kind of editing and more, it’s slip editing feature is so great! Have a look for your self and search on YouTube ‘drum editing in reaper’, there is a great video of this guy slip editing in reaper it’s even better than protools. And Reaper is only $60 it’s worth so much more than that and I would pay more than $60 for it, easy.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

MATTOROURKE wrote:These are all great and have been brought up in multiple places, and not once have I seen it even acknowledged by any of the team. Hope this doesnt get over looked.
Hi,

We may not publicly acknowledge every suggestion in this thread, but we do look here when we're trying to figure out which new features to add to new versions of Mixcraft.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Greg
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Drawn01 wrote:there is a great video of this guy slip editing in reaper it’s even better than protools.
So is a sharp stick in the eye. :) I will never get why any sane person would choose PT.

I tried Reaper and if not for Mixcraft, would probably settle for that. Happily, Mixcraft exists and I don't have to.
Drawn01

Post by Drawn01 »

For editing big amounts of tracks of real recorded drums Reaper kills Mixcraft for this.
Biker Bob

Post by Biker Bob »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

We don't have any special integration for the MOXF's editor. You can use the MOXF with Mixcraft like any other MIDI controller keyboard - you can use it to control VSTi and record MIDI. You can also send MIDI from Mixcraft out to the MOXF.

I guess it all depends on what you mean by integration? What specific function are you looking for that you can't find? How far did you get? Can you record MIDI and play it with various virtual instruments?

Greg
Hi, Greg
Well, first of all I can't find any specific information from anyone who has used the Yamaha MOXF keyboards with Mixcraft as far as how to setup the DAW with the Yamaha and the capabilities and limitations of that setup. The Yamaha has a remote editor that integrates with Cubase using Midi port 4 to communicate back and forth and is a VST3 plugin. I know that Mixcraft is VST3 capable, but will it integrate with the Yamaha Editor? I have seen a post about someone who tried to use the editor, but could not make the voice change in Mixcraft. I saw that post on your forum, but there was no resolution listed. There is a synchronization that occurs between the keyboard and the editor that occurs from a setup screen inside the Yamaha's editor. Do you know if that will work? The editor also has the capability to automatically set up 16 channels in Cubase when you are in the Song mode or the Pattern mode on the keyboard and synchronize the keyboard and editor. I don't know if this is a VST3 function within the editor or if it is specific to Cubase and no one seems to know because the MOXF does not list Mixcraft as one of the compatible DAWS. It only lists the high dollar big boys that I can neither afford or have the time and resources to learn. Maybe you guys have the resources and knowledge to help on this. It seems to me that if any other DAW will integrate with the MOXF that is not a Steinberg DAW, then Mixcraft should work, with the right knowledge of the keyboard AND the DAW.

Also, in Cubase you are able to set your input and output bus manually. The MOXF can either be set to have 1 or 2 stereo output channels depending on the keyboard configuration you setup. One is used for the A/D input into the keyboard and the other is used for the output of analog signal, called the Part, from the MOXF's tone generator. Can you set your busses manually in Mixcraft, or does Mixcraft automatically set these? I assume Mixcraft will recognize multiple audio inputs, but can you manually check this? I've looked at all of the tutorial videos on your website, but maybe i missed that.

The next question I have is that Yamaha has a built in DAW remote mode that uses Midi port 2 to talk to Cubase so that you can, by the push of a button on the keyboard, control the DAW from the keyboard. Do you think that I may be able to do this in Mixcraft? Does Mixcraft sense software control on Midi port 2 or can you set that up in Mixcraft? I know that you can manually learn the keys / commands in Mixcraft, so if necessary I could program that, but it would be nice to be able to have the Remote function carry across.

The last question I have is about the Yamaha Remote Tools. Yamaha has a Remote Control Editor that allows you to program controls for the existing VST instruments in the DAW to be mapped to the keyboard. With Cubase, when you first install the Yamaha Remote tools and start that program, it will scan Cubase to see what VST instruments that the DAW contains. Now I don't imagine that Mixcraft will be able to do this function, but just for information that uses Midi port 5 for data communication to talk to Cubase. Does anyone know if Mixcraft will use that port or is it a Seinberg proprietary thing?

Thanks for your reply to my suggestion, I haven't purchased Mixcraft yet, but I am SO frustrated with trying to learn that beast of a program (Cubase) and I wanted to upgrade from the basic Element 9 program to MIxcraft. Everyone seems to love the DAW and from the tutorial videos that I have watched, you guys do a MUCH better job of making the software accessible and understandable than Cubase does. Any help that you guys can give will be greatly appreciated.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The forum should have tagging so that people don't have to quote each other (which fills a lot of space)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote:The forum should have tagging so that people don't have to quote each other (which fills a lot of space)
Tagging? You can add hyperlinks to other posts if that's what you mean.