Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

bigaquarium wrote:Morning again,

And changing the active window upon opening a clip would be very helpful. For instance if I double click a MIDI clip to edit it in the piano roll and press CTRL-A it will select all of the clips in the song instead of all the notes in the piano roll until I click in the piano roll to make that the active window.

Know what I mean?

-N
I do indeed and I second that suggestion, very annoying when that happens when your least expecting it too! :lol:

GrumpySnake
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Hi!
Acoustica Greg wrote:You may already know this, but you can copy and paste clips from one project to another by opening the first project, copying the clips, then opening the second project within the same instance of Mixcraft, and pasting.
Can you do the same with the whole tracks somehow?

Many pages of this thread ago, I was suggesting to create a file format to save the single track with all it's settings and effects applied, so you can open it in another project as it is.

The way you do above with the clips could do the same job and would be very useful when you work on two versions of one song and want to move the track without rebuilding it in the other version.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJ Housefly

Post by DJ Housefly »

i'm sure this has been suggested before, but i'd like to suggest a feature. i was really glad when the backup previous save feature rolled out a while ago. however, sometimes when i'm really in the zone of working on a project, i forget to save my work. just now i lost an hour's worth of work due to a crash which was extremely frustrating considering how fast my workflow on mixcraft is. because of the fact that ive been using mixcraft for about 9 or 10 years now i know the software inside and out and therefore am able to work very quickly.

also i dont post here often so i wanna just say thx acoustica squad for mixcraft!! mixcraft is sick and without it i wouldnt be the music maker i am today<3
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

The ability to save/recall multiple mixes within an open project so we can compare different mixes before committing to mixing-down to MP3, WAV, etc files.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Or maybe have a pallete of drag and drop automation curves that you can stretch to taste with the arrow keys
+1
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

bigaquarium wrote:What would everyone think of having curve templates or even a curve wizard to automate the automation curve entry process?
Actually, this has been suggested and discussed several times. It has also been suggested referencing the relevant tools in the DAW Samplitude and plug-ins by Cable Guys for more modern examples.

But along the same theme, there should be tools for applying micro fades to the beginning and ends of clips (also previously suggested and discussed several times)

And I would add, some tools for manipulating cross-fades. The lack of control of the crossfade makes it something I generally avoid using in editing.
At minimum, I would like (for example) to be able to "grab" the center point of the cross-fade and effectively "Drag" the center toward either clip. Better yet, The ability to further "tweak" the rate of the fade-out of one clip and fade-in of the next when overlapped.

And all of this inter-relates with the need to be able to zoom-in tighter (to the sample level please) for more accurate audio editing. (Also previously suggested on multiple occasions.

Then there is the need for more usuful and time saving zoom tools. I would like for example, to be able to select zoom points and easily toggle between selected points. (Select an area, hot-key to zoom in tight, hot-key to resume previous zoom setting for example)

Just some "reminder" suggestions in hopes #9 will catch us up a bit in these areas.

Also topically relevant, note to dev team: Minor bugs 10057 and 10123- Still there.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, here are the two features that I can tell you will be in Mixcraft 9:

1. Curved automation
2. Tempo envelopes

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

YAY! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

This is the best crossfade editor I've come across. The crossfade area can be dragged intact anywhere along the timeline. All the presets curves can be edited by selecting multiple points. Equal gain creates a mirror image of in/out curves. The play section is ace. You can multi copy to another section of the track or copy to other tracks.
x fade.PNG
x fade.PNG (26.48 KiB) Viewed 9659 times
warhenk@yahoo.com

Post by warhenk@yahoo.com »

I'd like the ability to toggle between mono and stereo mode in real-time to check the stereo image during mixing. I think this is critical. Thanks!
Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller - woodwindist/composer/producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion™
www.spontaneousgroovincombustion.com
"She is all that I have left and music is her name"