Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

Anorax

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Anorax » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Sami Seif wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:16 pm
I don't know how I missed that, hahaha, but great job!

I still hope to be able to zoom in more for more precise editing of audio tracks though.
Honestly the only reason I'd like to be able to zoom in extra close would be for time-aligning tracks with sample accuracy, but even then that'd be something needed on the main arrangement area, not the sound tab.
Acoustica Greg wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi,

Through the power of time travel, I have added one of the features you have requested. Unfortunately, the limits of time travel technology prevent me from adding more than just one feature.
Oh don't be so modest, Greg, I see you also added a keyboard shortcut for Musical Typing while you were at it, and that's before I could get a chance to ask for it!
Last edited by Anorax on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

daveiv

Post by daveiv » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:30 am

Can you provide a single file installer for the loop library?

I reinstall Windows regularly to keep it lean.

'Download all in view' command downloads each file one by one, thus unnecessarily generates high load on your servers, wastes time, and makes offline installation extremely difficult.

Anorax

Post by Anorax » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 am

Which would cause more server load, a single-threaded download or multitheaded download?

Alternatively, you could use a separate drive for audio files - you'll see this often in production studios, where your working drive is separate from your os drive, to prevent data loss in case of os drive crash or corruption. Not that this is tenable if you're using a laptop.

I think the reason that there isn't already a separate offline library installer is because the library gets updated every once in a while, but it could be useful to have an offline installer.
Last edited by Anorax on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sami Seif

Post by Sami Seif » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Quote: Honestly the only reason I'd like to be able to zoom in extra close would be for time-aligning tracks with sample accuracy, but even then that'd be something needed on the main arrangement area, not the sound tab.

Not to be condescending but every major DAW has that feature and even free software like Audacity has it. And it's necessary for me to be able to edit in greater detail and I'm sure that's the case for others too. Just my 2 cents.

Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Not gonna lie, disappointed that MC9 doesn't have mouse wheel scroll control for faders and knobs, especially with the upgraded eq. Every third party vst has it, including the new TB suite.

M

Anorax

Post by Anorax » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Anytime someone begins a statement with "not to be ___", they usually mean to be that thing. Just my 2 cents