Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ChimeraUK

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by ChimeraUK »

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but just wondering if there will be some kind of (cheaper) upgrade option for existing users of Mixcraft..? :D
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
GregRBand wrote:How are things looking for Mixcraft 8 release team?
I may stir the pot a little here, but I truly want to know...... Are there any plans to adapt Mixcraft to OS X like I just read the news Cakewalk is finally doing with Sonar? Yes, I have a win 10 laptop with Mixcaft on it, but my main use computer is an iMac running El Capitan, and even though it's an older one (2008), it runs like a champ with almost all DAW's and plugins I've thrown at it.....within reason of track load and such of course..... But hey, it was had for $300 from another studio guy, what can I say! ;)

We don't currently have plans to make a Mac version of Mixcraft, but some people use Mixcraft on Macs with products like Apple Bootcamp, Parallels Desktop and Crossover Mac.
Ok, double moot point now! I just decided to upgrade to Pro Studio 7 anyways! :) I couldn't wait now that I am Window's guy again! lol Just got done downloading it, haven't even open her up yet, but already know I will like it because in revisiting my older Pro Studio 6 I realized how easy (and fun) it was to figure most things out in Mixcraft after some time away.... Cheers!
nmwallace

Post by nmwallace »

I said I'd be back with more suggestions as they dawn on me:

Numerical Metering. I would love to be able to see EXACTLY what volume all my individual tracks (as well as my master) are at easily right on the basic interface without having to click on or open anything.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

How about markers that can be locked down to a specific time rather than tempo? If I set a marker at 0:20 and I want the marker to stay at 20 seconds in, there's nothing I can really do because as soon as I change the tempo, the marker adjusts itself to its position in the tempo track. This forces me to reposition the marker manually each time I change the tempo, even if I'm still in the Time view.
Last edited by Anorax on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elaw

Post by elaw »

I'm not sure how necessary it is to mention it here since I think it's already on the "roadmap" but... support for VST instruments that are (software-wise) in a "wrapper" as discussed here: http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=20151 would be really nice!
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

proper broswer for mixcraft 8
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

runaudio wrote:proper broswer for mixcraft 8
Would you mind elaborating?
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

to browse files stored on your hard drive
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

i agree with the browser suggestion. i would love to see a browser where we could drag our loops, vst's, and mixcraft's own loop library like in studio one, or reaper, or reason 9. it is much easier than hitting the open sound button. it would increase workflow, i my opinion.
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

And also apply effects to each pad in the omni sampler
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Imagine a Mixcraft super software with every single suggestion implemented! will probably cost $100000.00 monthly subscription just to update and integrate every new suggestion coming in everyday! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Scythe wrote:Imagine a Mixcraft super software with every single suggestion implemented! will probably cost $100000.00 monthly subscription just to update and integrate every new suggestion coming in everyday! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would also be completely unusable and take forever to learn :roll:
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Onboard AI called Acoustica does everything for you - voice commands :P
StupidStudios

Post by StupidStudios »

There are so many suggestions (too many to read at one sitting) so I am not sure if this was already mentioned.

I would like the ability to create or use my own sound fonts to create my own virtual instruments in Mixcraft. I like the virtual instruments supplied by Mixcraft but I would like the ability to expand upon that and create my own or at least be able to import sound fonts for use in the midi editor.

At the very least I would like to see support for sound fonts. eg: sf2, sf3, sfx

My ultimate goal would be to record a real instrument, create samples of that instrument and create my own virtual instrument that would play those samples back using the midi editor (piano roll, step editor, etc.) just like the virtual instruments in Mixcraft.

Or, how about a way to convert sound font files from .sf into .instrument file extensions so they can be imported into the InstPresets folder.
Stupid Studios Artists
http://accidentalcoincidence.bandcamp.com/
http://gtmusic2.bandcamp.com/
Mixed and Mastered using MixCraft
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you experimented with Mixcraft 7's Omni Sampler? You can highlight a section of a drum beat, right-click on it, and slice it up into Omni Sampler.

And of course, you can use Omni Sampler with samples.

For sound fonts, just find a sound font player VST plugin that you like.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101