Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Craig »

sjoens wrote:A work in progress!
Beautiful. Please pass on some files (as many as you want). Ta :D
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Veets

Post by Veets »

Hi,

If this has been suggested already I apologize. I recently made MixCraft my primary as I used Sonar. A feature I would like to see is the ability to import an audio CD into MixCraft. I understand that copyright issues are a concern, but I have used demo services in the past where I have CD demos. I occasionally use these services since I don't have the hardware to master my demos for projects I am sending to publishing companies. It just makes it quicker and easier without having to use another software to first rip the cd and then save as a wav to then add it in MixCraft. Thanks!!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Veets wrote:Hi,

If this has been suggested already I apologize. I recently made MixCraft my primary as I used Sonar. A feature I would like to see is the ability to import an audio CD into MixCraft. I understand that copyright issues are a concern, but I have used demo services in the past where I have CD demos. I occasionally use these services since I don't have the hardware to master my demos for projects I am sending to publishing companies. It just makes it quicker and easier without having to use another software to first rip the cd and then save as a wav to then add it in MixCraft. Thanks!!!
Hi,

You can rip CDs with almost any audio player software (like Windows Media Player or iTunes), and there plenty of other free CD ripping programs if you don't like those two. Once the songs are ripped to your computer's hard drive, you can load them like any other audio file. Mixcraft can load mp3, wav, WMA, Flac, Ogg Vorbis and Aiff audio files.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

What about a companion service to mixcraft that lets you briefly audition thumbnails of your projects in windows explorer?

Sometimes I don't do full projects, but just lay down a quick riff or a loop or something like that to use later. It would nice be able to audition these rapid fire in some sort of explorer equivalent of the performance panel Apple cover flow, etc... Perhaps another mixcraft filetype that only handles raw clips or thumbnails.

-N
Veets

Post by Veets »

bigaquarium wrote:What about a companion service to mixcraft that lets you briefly audition thumbnails of your projects in windows explorer?

Sometimes I don't do full projects, but just lay down a quick riff or a loop or something like that to use later. It would nice be able to audition these rapid fire in some sort of explorer equivalent of the performance panel Apple cover flow, etc... Perhaps another mixcraft filetype that only handles raw clips or thumbnails.

-N
Hi,

This sounds very interesting. Do you mean like drum clicks where you can bring it in and then put it in a loop?
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

bigaquarium wrote:
Veets wrote:
Hi,

This sounds very interesting. Do you mean like drum clicks where you can bring it in and then put it in a loop?
Something like that. Sometimes I tend to use mixcraft as a sketch pad, so dealing with projects can be cumbersome when you're trying to maintain your train of thought.

Maybe mixcraft can already do this, but I guess what I'm looking for is a way to add stuff to the library rapidly, save MIDI clips to the library, and maybe have a way to link or associate clips together in the library so that you don't have to mix them down and lose the ability to change things. Tempo flexibility would be a plus.

So, in other words, a way to quickly store clips or groups of clips in the library' as sketches, including audio and midi files ( With instrument settings) that you can move in between projects easily or start a new project off of, perhaps as an extension of the performance panel. Oh, and maybe a way to associate clips with an instrument in the list so you can hear the way you've used it before when you're auditioning it.

On another note it would be great to have a "create new virtual instrument track using this instrument" button in the instrument listing so if you stumble on something that you like you can put it on another track while still looking for more sounds without interruption.

Fact is how bout integrating the instrument listing with the library so it's dockable and you can save instrument settings and effect chains in the library like anything else and that way you can just pull it out for any project you want? Imagine being able to share synth presets and effects chains on the Internet! ( Although local storage would be preferred for the most part)

I'm sorry this is so convoluted, but I don't always have enough time to think about what I say first, lol.

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Good morning!

Could we add some reference lines, value indicators, or invisible detents to the opacity sliders in the add text box for a little more precision? Thanks!

- N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi,
I would like to see the inclusion of the ability to drag and drop sub-templates i.e. template setups for drum kits, guitar FX etc., rather than just a single starting template. This would be a great workflow enhancement
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

Hello, I've been away for awhile but revisiting my M8ProStudio and sadly just realizing the Performance Panel goodness via a recent article of a Sonar User testing different daws. I had no idea.....I've recently been giving Ableton a second look as it does that kind of workflow so well. Good Stuff Mixcraft Team.

As for M9PStudio ideas, I'd love to see more Performance Panel evolution to make it even more cool and easy to use over Ableton Session View. Just did my first test with it this morning after watching a few quick University tutorials on it. Very Impressed and was able to figure stuff out on the fly, no stopping, no reading manuals, looking for additional videos, etc.

IE recording to clips using "takes" and be able to pick or edit them as in a typical arrangement session would be very cool for me. I know it has "takes" option for track recording, but I tried it and couldn't get it to do what I thought it would do....

Seemed a little cumbersome to have a specific clip or set of clips playing while recording, can't recall if I figured that one out or not... I know I tried a few things a few times. Maybe it was just me and my first go at it.

I did notice the arrangement cursor would still keep rolling when I stopped performance panel and a few times I forgot to glance over and check it.. had been rolling high up into the measure count, lol Not sure if that is resource heavy or just a visual thing.... Maybe give option to temporarily disconnect the two and ability to make Performance Panel full screen, maybe with some useful extra features for working that way with clip creation workflow.

The ability to change metering from pre/post, peak, rms, and a VU meter option would just be crazy cool... Borrowing from a few other daws doing it. For all I know it does this already and I just havent figured it out yet...

I'm going to really reach here for a nice Pro Studio addition. I have many daws I have collected and tried over the past years and one of the things I love about Studio One Pro is the Mastering Module/Suite page view. The main reason I haven't sold it off yet. If Mixcraft could make a Mastering and Album window/page that is specifically designed and featured for such things, that would be totally awesome! I know, crazy talk.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Mixcraft add the Audio to Midi functionality to its Editor/Melodyne window. I think that is a huge creative tool for us less than stellar instrument players, or hum/whistle/sing/tap ideas kind of folks...Seriously!

I won't mention the daw(s) by name, but an optional help box view, and Info/Tutorial side window would be another amazing, made even more user friendly addition to Mixcraft already wonderful intuitive workflow.

Some type of Chord/Scale Assistant tab that would allow and offer creative options and ideas to try on the fly would be another (Magix Music Maker does a fine job at this imo, well and Cubase/Reason/etc).

Keep and/or expand the vintage like console vibe to mixer... don't get rid of it, or leave it as view option if going to a more modern gui.

Option to add (fill up) top tool bar with function choices most used to avoid menu pull downs. I know, keyboard shortcuts, but some of us aren't shortcut memory types as much as others. :)

I think the option to expand a tracks channel strip to left of screen without opening whole mixer view would be cool addition to MPS9.

Is there a song structure view that can be added to timeline? If not, that would be cool I think.

Going to reach again, if could choose different modeled EQ's on channel strips, heck how about the whole channel strip (SSL, Neve, EMI, etc) that would be awesome to get some analog vibe or specific tonal options without having to use an additional vst. Mixcraft Console options!!! It seems lots of the modeled plugins offer a saturation knob too, that would be Super expanded goodness for MPS9 strips!

Ok, I'll stop rambling. LOL
Thanks for all that Mixcraft is already! You guys/gals have done a remarkable job! I like many daws, but Mixcraft is one of them and a highly deserving daw no doubt. Cheers!