Setup for Multitracking

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigalrocks65

Setup for Multitracking

Post by bigalrocks65 »

I have been using Mixcraft since 2006 and is my go to DAW (currently Mixcraft7). I have been using Line 6, M-Audio, Focusrite interfaces without incident. I recently purchased a Presonus 1818 VSL (8 pre's) with ADAT I/O and a Presonus Digimax D8 (8 pre's) with ADAT out only with the intent of utilizing 16 mic pre's for drum tracking which I have always done elsewhere. Mixcraft reads the 1818"s 1-8 pre's and setting that up is a non issue. However, I am only seeing the ADAT 1/2 when selecting to arm instead of ADAT 1-8. Is there a set up grid in Mixcraft like in Reaper, PT, Studio One and others? I am slaving the 1818 to the Digimax D8 via ADAT. Thx in advance.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Setup for Multitracking

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's no special setup grid. I assume you must be using ASIO already. Make sure you've got the latest audio drivers installed from Presonus.

If you've just got ADAT 1/2, that would mean that you had two inputs: left and right. Are you sure all 8 are supposed to be available via USB?

Greg
bigalrocks65

Post by bigalrocks65 »

Lastest drivers from website done first. Digimax D8 connects to 1818 VSL via ADAT, then 1818 VSL to laptop via USB 2.0. It's called 1818 for 18in/18 out. The 18 in are 8 mic pre's, 8 Channels in via ADAT(Digimax), 2 via s/pdif. MIxcraft sees the 8 pre's of 1818, 2 s/pdif, and 1/2 ADAT(left and right). In Studio One DAW you can see the mike pre's, s/pdif. and 8 ADAT channels in the set up grid. Same thing in Reaper. In the tutorials for Mixcraft I see a Presonus Firestudio as the example of a multitrack setup. If I were using that model I could daisy chain the two via firewire ports. Unfortunately no firewire. Most of the USB devices-Presonus, Focusrite, MOTU, Roland, etc- that have 8 pre's allow expansion through ADAT($500-600 range). Or TRS inputs for less expensive models; Tascam 1800, M Audio. The connects are right as the other DAW's see all the channels. BUT I want to use Mixcraft!LOL. Thx Again, If you think of anything, let me know.
bigalrocks65

Post by bigalrocks65 »

Sorry,,,use waveRT, not asio. not worried about latency right now, just Mixcraft seeing the inputs from my interfaces. THX.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

bigalrocks65 wrote:Sorry,,,use waveRT, not asio. not worried about latency right now, just Mixcraft seeing the inputs from my interfaces. THX.
I have a Zoom R24 with 8 inputs - if I use Wave RT I get inputs 1/2 - If I use ASIO I get all 8. You might not be bothered about the latency, but if you want all of the inputs you do need to use ASIO.

Cheers

John
bigalrocks65

Post by bigalrocks65 »

Thx, will give asio a go.
bigalrocks65

Post by bigalrocks65 »

Asio allowed all available inputs to show up, Thx, again.