What a roller coaster ride...finally, there's Mixcraft Pro Studio 7

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MIDIMonster323

What a roller coaster ride...finally, there's Mixcraft Pro Studio 7

Post by MIDIMonster323 »

Man, I feel like I've been taken on a ride A-ROUND this music DAW biz.

I started out with Cakewalk Home Studio 3.0 up to 9, then off to the world of Mac and GarageBand, then ushered (too) quickly to Logic, then back to windows...Cakewalk Sonar X3....and now Mixcraft 7 Pro.

Why the round robin?

Well, Cakewalk 3 through 9 was a simpler beast and easy to navigate...when I moved to Mac, I tried out GarageBand (Loved it, but feature limited for me) but was quickly rushed into Logic Pro and it was VERY overwhelming. Frustrated with Mac on many fronts, I went back to Windows and got into the latest Sonar and felt lost. Very lost. Almost made me go back to Mac...until I found Mixcraft. Price was great, features are reminiscent of GarageBand...and funny enough, I don't have to click 8 times JUST TO CHANGE A MIDI SOUND. In Sonar, I gave up trying to figure out out to find the right VST in order to find my sounds. I'm sure it's not complicated, but I need easy so my workflow is focused more on creativity than technical blah blah.

Mixcraft...you have done an incredible job with having just the right balance of what a home pro needs and how easy it is to work it. After a year on Sonar, I gave up trying to do a simple Karaoke set up. When I installed MX7, I had it figured out in 10 minutes...why? It worked like I had it in GarageBand.

The best part of this is...I'm excited again to get my hands back into Music composition. I don't want a certificate of software mastery, I just want to get in and play and hear the music come out of my head.

Well done.

Glenn,
Dallas, TX
Tiasdad

Re: What a roller coaster ride...finally, there's Mixcraft Pro Studio 7

Post by Tiasdad »

Nice write up Glenn and welcome to the forum. We all, of course, totally agree with you ;)
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey MIDImonster323,

First things first. Welcome to the world of Mixcraft and this forum. I think you'll find Mixcraft will be fun and easy to use. Also, there are members of this forum who, along with the guys at Acoustica/Mixcraft are more than glad to be of assistance in answering questions and offering suggestions/ideas. They have helped me a lot.

Again, welcome. Now let's hear some music. :lol:

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.

MIDIMonster323

Post by MIDIMonster323 »

Today continues my quest into Mixcraft 7 Pro. Native Instruments is having a 50% off on Kontakt 5 so I dove into it. Once I downloaded it, realized I had no idea how to make it work.

So, with a few clicks here and a few clicks there...Voila! I was able to take a file and remap the sounds with K5. Amazing difference.

I think MC7 and I are going to get along just fine.