Thank you for 7.5

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Juno

Thank you for 7.5

Post by Juno »

Ok, so i have to say it once more: MC 7 has so many little improvements over MC 6.

One of the great things. Yesterday, i was doubling a midi bass track with guitar. The bass has many tiny variations. So i need to carefully check (sound tab) every 4 measures or so what's happening again.
It's one large clip and several smaller clips. So i need different zoom levels in the sound tab for all of these clips. Also, i need to be on different places in those clips.

The beauty is that MC 7 remembers those levels and places. It retains them even if you exit Mixcraft. So when i started Mixcraft and loaded the project today, i clicked the large bass clip and the zoom was exactly the way i left it yesterday; for the other clips, too. It was not like that at all in MC 6 and it just accelerates things. It's a pleasure to work with.

And now, v7.5 erased about all the little things i thought were a step back. Mouse wheel works again to scroll through presets. Auto-scroll loop bars fixed. Audio clips in selection shown in sound tab changes with last selected clip.
Wrote a whole post (now edited) about those things; sure, some of the people here said a couple of the things i mentioned would be solved, but i had no idea just about all of them would be fixed little over 1 week later!

And much, much more was done. So much more that i think some of the things i named aren't even on the release notes.

Thank you very much, Acoustica.
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
Mark Bliss

Re: Thank you for 7.5

Post by Mark Bliss »

Agreed. Its a pretty amazing process IMO.
While we were "beta flogging"TM, builds went by rapid fire and little niggling quirks seemed to be fixed as fast (or faster :shock: ) than we could post bug reports. On at least one occasion, a new build was posted before I got a chance to download the previous version! Fast.
I continue to be impressed by the open approach, and I thank you Acoustica as well. Cool beans.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

The more I learn about recording and MC, the more I'm glad that I chose MC as my DAW. The list is long for how great MC is but a few of the main reasons is the forum here, the participation of MC employees and certainly how MC is constantly improving with features and updates.

Thanks Acoustica!

M
Rik

Post by Rik »

I agree with all of the above and would also add that MC has in my opinion a fantastic balance to it. By this I mean it's easy to get started with as a beginner but is also nicely complex for the experienced and that is a very difficult balance to get right.
There IS method in my madness! At least, that's what I tell everyone. :lol:
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi all,

First, thanks for the kind words about Mixcraft 7.5. We very much appreciate the active community here on the forums, and our fantastic volunteer team of beta testers who work so diligently to find the bugs that we miss. We read very carefully through all of your feature requests and bug reports and we try very hard to incorporate the best ideas into Mixcraft.

It's very rewarding to read posts like these. It's nice to read from our users that we're on the right track and we're making Mixcraft better. Thank you all for your continued feedback and for your continued support!

All the best,
Dan
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

My favorite features so far are the FLAC support and the improvement in audio file naming.

I haven't tried pasting multiple audio files since the upgrade, but if it works as advertised, that will be way cool.

The lack of a verbose Undo/Redo continues to terrify me.
-Erik
outteh

Post by outteh »

"WE THANK, THANK, THANK, YOU!" The Boulevard Band! :D
The Boulevard Band
The Boulevard Band
image.jpg (58.95 KiB) Viewed 3338 times
Juno

Post by Juno »

Well deserved! I can't believe the level of attention that Mixcraft receives in development and practical design. So many things are tailored for ease of use and it succeeds beyond what i'm used to encounter in many software products, not just DAW's.

Today i very much needed to quickly see, among at least 150 small takes on 1 track, which of those had their pitch shifted, and whether it was with or without 'Formant Pres.' I just had to drag my mouse over them, didn't even have to let go of the button; the audio details were filled in on the fly. Writing this post took me longer than the time i needed to sort the clips.

Sure, a performance panel is probably more of an eyecatcher and technical challenge, but i can't describe the pleasure i have on discovering the details.

Back to my mix, now. Too much praise and you all get euphoric, grow shades and join the Boulevard Band :D
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell