Presets Stored

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

runaudio

Presets Stored

Post by runaudio »

IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN PRESTES WERE ARE THEY STORED LETS SAYS FOR THE TONEBOOSTERS EQ
Juno

Re: Presets Stored

Post by Juno »

All caps tends to be ignored on the net: it's considered shouting. But i'm sure you didn't mean to shout. :wink:

There's here:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\FX
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

sorry didnt mean to right in caps no i didnt want to shout thank you very much for all your help
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The file path might vary some on various OS versions.
On mine, they are there just as Juno describes, BUT:

There is a bunch of them and they are all cryptically named and I would never guess at anything in the "programs" section of my hard drive. screwed up a few too many over the years and learned to stay out as much as possible. And I don't advise others do because my advice could cause disaster.
I have enough problems with my own, and any advice would be a guess.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

i cant see my named presets i want to share them any way how i can do that
Juno

Post by Juno »

I think the easiest would be to just share the Mixcraft project.

Otherwise, try this.
Open MC, load the instrument or fx that has that preset, save the preset again by giving it a new name and include the date and time in the name. Use your system's current date and time for reference. Make sure, in general, that you have at least 1 minute or more between saving presets if you plan to use this more often.

Now, open that folder, make sure you can see the column called 'date modified', and find the date/time you just used in the preset's name. That file should be the right one.
The person with whom you're sharing, can then paste it in the same folder on his/her own pc; make sure they already have a list of presets in this particular folder. If not, better post again.

Because you have added date and time to the preset, you can always open MC and find what date/time you used again.

Please, also take note of what Mark says. You're working in a folder that has program data. Changing the wrong thing can have serious consequences. Make a back up of the folder if you're in doubt.

However, if you just copy a preset it shouldn't be a problem. These files can also be safely backed up, or transferred to another computer, so just make sure you don't cut any, or delete any, or paste anything there that isn't a preset.
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

thank you so much for your great help :D
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

hi could some one see if this work on mixcraft for me there about 60 to come presets i mean this preset for mc toneboosters eq let me know
Attachments
54424551-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.rar
(547 Bytes) Downloaded 128 times
Juno

Post by Juno »

I have just the demo, but this is what i got:
TB eq presets.jpg
TB eq presets.jpg (91.15 KiB) Viewed 3776 times
Looks ok, or..?

There's a little thing though. I of course already had a preset file with that name. So on pasting, Windows gave me the option to replace it. If i did, i'd lose any presets i already had (presets i had made myself, not the factory presets).
So i didn't, and also didn't follow my own advice, and i cut the file i already had and put in in another folder. Then i placed your file in the folder.
I'd have to swap these files depending on what preset i need.

I'm not sure if there's a way to merge them. So you'd have to switch these files each time, or load the preset as i inititally did, write down the settings, then put the old file back, then manually enter the settings. But that nullifies the whole process.

Maybe Acoustica has a better way, for instance, maybe such a file has a valid way of being renamed. I don't recommend trying that until and if Acoustica has said it's save.

(I was of course able to restore my old file.)
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

i see that you have other prestes of mine in the screen shot were you able to play them
Juno

Post by Juno »

No, but i have the demo. I cannot load any presets i made (in my own file for that vst). I can load only the factory presets.
If i had the normal version, i'm sure it would load ok.

Why are all your presets there:
Every vst has its own file, so every preset for that vst you ever made should be in that file. Therefore, it's always a good idea to add date/time to a new preset. That way your most recent preset will always reflect the 'date modified' in Windows Explorer.

(for other reasons, it's still a good idea to add date/time, even if you don't plan to swap these files).
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

*Crossed post, still relevant I think!

Safest bet is to share the project.

Even if you get this right it wasn't likely worth the trouble. And if you get it wrong........
This is in my opinion, an advanced or power user solution. And as I tried to point out before, I am not comfortable trying to advise changing program files when a user expresses that they are having trouble even finding them. This is a bad idea.

By the way, those presets in Juno's image aren't the same as yours, just the same default name.

If you share the entire project, and the second user wants to save a preset for future use, he could do that pretty easily. But... You are asking about an EQ preset, which is something that is usually very specific to an instrument or track, not usually something you would save a preset for. Even more reason to use the method of sharing the specific project and ditching the idea of trying to share a preset file.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Oh, and good day brother Juno! Whatever time it is in the future. :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Juno

Post by Juno »

Mark Bliss wrote:Safest bet is to share the project.
Yes, i absolutely agree. It's safer and much easier.
By the way, those presets in Juno's image aren't the same as yours, just the same default name.
Well, below the preset names starting with [preset] there are a bunch that come straight from the file the OP shared. I don't have them in my own file.
Oh, and good day brother Juno! Whatever time it is in the future.
The same to you, my friend. The future currently runs appr. 6 hours ahead. That's mostly because the past slows it down. :? :wink:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes, cant let the past drag us down. :D

Sorry, I thought he was speaking of the list as a whole. I see now what you mean.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page