Mixcraft + Kaspersky 2016

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

chibear

Mixcraft + Kaspersky 2016

Post by chibear »

Just a heads up.

Installed Kaspersky Internet Protection 2016 last night and the 'Trusted Application' feature (which defaults to 'on' at installation) doesn't trust several Mixcraft dlls including some of the fx. Until Kaspersky sorts it out recommend turning this feature off or or you will have to manually accept each dll in question.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft + Kaspersky 2016

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The first thing to do in cases like this is to check for updated virus definitions. Sometimes that will fix it, because the makers of the software should be fixing false positives as they go along. It's also good to report the false positives so that they know to fix it (if updating doesn't help).

Greg
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Strange.
I have K. running and it does not take notice of MX.

-helmut
C# or Bb!
chibear

Post by chibear »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

The first thing to do in cases like this is to check for updated virus definitions. Sometimes that will fix it, because the makers of the software should be fixing false positives as they go along. It's also good to report the false positives so that they know to fix it (if updating doesn't help).

Greg
Thanks Greg. That did it. Paying attention this time, I was surprised how long it took to download the definitions. What probably happened was I started working before they were all downloaded. Checked in the Kaspersky program and all the dlls that were initially refused (Mixcraft & others) are now allowed so smooth sailing again :D
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Virus scanners are one of the background processes that can make your DAW system slow, because they consume a lot of ressources.

Although you can instruct them to leave mixcraft alone, they may decide to go poke around the system in moments of idling unexpectedly. Problem is, what is idling; they decide.

For time critical DAW work, I turn the AV engine off. AV scanners can get on the bus during office work and they must during internet traffic

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Peeb

Post by Peeb »

Norton is reporting virus as well.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Peeb wrote:Norton is reporting virus as well.
Hi,

There's no need to post this in multiple topics.

First, check to see if there are any virus updates for your Norton software, and make sure you're using the latest version of Norton itself. If that doesn't fix it, then Report a Suspected Erroneous Detection (False Positive)

There is no malware in that file. You can just tell Norton to ignore it.

Greg