Halloween Soundboard

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Halloween Soundboard

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

I made a Halloween Soundboard with sounds from Mixcraft's Horror song kit. You can use the 1-8 keys on your PC keyboard to play different sets of spooky sounds, or press other keys to play individual sounds. This project shows off some of the new Theremin sounds in Mixcraft 7.5, so make sure you've updated.

Halloween Soundboard download.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Re: Halloween Soundboard

Post by Mark Bliss »

No one? Alright, I'll be the one to bite..... :lol:
There's some cool combo's here Greg, and I could put them to use in my holiday decor. (Yep, I'm the neighbor the kids love and the parents worry about!)
But obviously I am not going to man the computer, pressing buttons to alternate sounds. (Kidding, i know I can arm the tracks and record a "soundtrack". And I know there are other ways to use such things.)
What i would like to see is some ideas for simple triggers. I would like to for instance trigger #5 when someone approaches my witches stirring the pot.... You get the idea.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Since Mixcraft responds to MIDI commands, and you can map custom commands, and there are a bunch of Halloween MIDI controller thingies out there... all you need is a photoelectric sensor that sends MIDI data.

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

Now that's a cool idea! 8) :D
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well, I have tried some photoelectric sensor triggered stuff, and its doesn't work that well. I have to point a flashlight at it to trigger it manually. I would like to find some simple means of implementing a motion sensor device.
I've done some searching, and what little I have found is so freaking geeky I am at a loss. Still looking. And as usual, no time for this year, but it is something I would really like to learn more about.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Color me noob. My head would explode if I knew how to do all that. -h
mick

Post by mick »

You could try using an old computer keyboard and set it up to trigger the performance panel, but first strip the keyboard down and hi-jack the contacts you need with some twin core wire and make some home brew foot switches strategically placed.
Foot switches can be made by using two tin lids (tins of beans for instance) separated by a thin round layer of sponge in the center so they isolate the tin lids (contacts) but allow contact to be made when stepped on. They would work something like a mobile phone joystick button, place them in a bag of some sort to avoid cuts etc and disguise accordingly. :mrgreen:

You can only get this amazing stuff on the Acoustica forum! :lol:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Or, you could buy a pressure switch floor mat.

Greg
Juno

Post by Juno »

mick wrote:You could try...
I think that Mark-the-local-crazy-scientist is an improvement over whatever it's now - i'd definitely try it! Me, i'm happy being crazy-cat-dude, and we don't even do Halloween here. We have real monsters.

But anyone who follows your blueprints closely, Mick, surely could use a tiny bit of extra time while they're at it?
Here's how.

First, build this:

And use these basic components:

Which you then calibrate to work exactly like this:

It should then give you enough time to do the other stuff. 8) Just don't cause any grandfather paradoxes and we should all be fine.

Oh, :oops: , and that theremin in the soundboard is very nice, too :lol: . It's sad, like a violin who desperately wants to be a concert flute but knows it never can.
I recently played a theremin, well, it looked more like a toy than an instrument. Small, all plastic and a cheap looking LCD display. It was a little weird to stand there, striking the empty air, and hear that fragile sound. But it's beautiful.
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Funny you should mention that. My Army surplus C204 Time Distortion/Gravity Displacement Unit had to be scrapped some time ago to make room in the shop for other toys. Wish I still had it, can you imagine the guitar distortion pedal I could build?

And yes, early experiments revealed the need to use caution as travelling backwards in time while forgetting it had the tendency to reverse my vasectomy was easy to forget........

A hacked USB device turned pressure sensitive switch is worthy of further thought. It would need to ba a little large to serve my purposes, but I am considering it.

Monsters of Amsterdam, now there's a song idea seed.......

I would love to add a Theremin to my collection, but they trend a little pricy.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Those Theremin loops are among the latest batch of loops that were added to Mixcraft 7.5. Glad you're enjoying them. They add a little bit of sci-fi feel to the general spookiness.

Greg

Rik

Post by Rik »

If you have a synaptics touchpad then their theremin program is a bit of fun and quite spooky sounding.

http://www.synaptics.com/en/utilities.php#info_content
There IS method in my madness! At least, that's what I tell everyone. :lol:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The touchpad theramin might be fun. If I even know what a Synaptics touchpad was..... :lol:

Yeah Greg those loops are cool. I was of course referring to hardware lust. I need an addition on my house for the musical toys.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Perennial Jive

Post by Perennial Jive »

its all about the badgermin folks http://www.nervoussquirrel.com/badgermin.html
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Uh oh, is that a Honey Badger by chance? :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page