Trial is over!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

fredfish

Trial is over!!

Post by fredfish »

I have Mixcraft installed on a couple of machines and I have just started getting messages saying that my Trial is over and that I need to register.

My software is Mixcraft Pro (which is red) but when I launch Mixcraft it comes up as Mixcraft Standard (which is green).

If I click on update I get a message saying that "There appears to be a problem with your software registration"

What is the best way to deal with this?

Cheers

John

Re: Trial is over!!

Post by 7915983 »

You can try just entering in your registration code.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hello,

If you're told there's a problem with your registration code, just contact our Customer Support via the Support link above. We'll get it sorted out.

Dan
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Sami Seif wrote:You can try just entering in your registration code.
I did try that, the problem is that my system now thinks that I have Mixcraft 7 whereas what I pad for was Pro Studio so when I enter my code it tells me it isn't a valid code.

John
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Acoustica Dan wrote:Hello,

If you're told there's a problem with your registration code, just contact our Customer Support via the Support link above. We'll get it sorted out.

Dan
Will do Dan

However I don't think it is my code as when I reinstalled from the download link in my registration email it accepted my registration id and code and told me that Mixcraft had installed correctly. Then when I run it (even after re-installing) it launches as Mixcraft Standard and not pro (even though I installed pro) and still tells me that my trial is over.

I suspect that something has happened in the registry.

Is there a utility to completely un-install Mixcraft?

Cheers

John
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I have submitted a support ticket.

Since then I have also tried completely uninstalling Mixcraft and re installing it but the same thing happens.

Curiously when I re installed it didnt ask me for my registration details, I am assuming that Mixcraft stores that info in the registry.

When I re installed (from a link for Pro Studio version 289 - the current version) the desktop link says pro - the installer installs all the pro goodies such as Pianissmo etc. but when I launch it launches as standard and tells me the trial is over!

Cheers

John
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try right-clicking on Mixcraft's icon, and selecting "Run As Administrator," then register.

Greg
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I have replied to your support ticket as well....

That did the trick. Thanks for your help Greg! (I cant believe I didn't try that having suggested it to others!)

Cheers

John