Piano roll editing of submix track...?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

midimoose

Piano roll editing of submix track...?

Post by midimoose »

In Mixcraft 6, if I create a submix track of 3 virtual instruments recorded simultaneously, (in this case 3 synth pads), is there a way to do piano roll editing of the 3 tracks simultaneously? A brief experiment seems to indicate that each of the tracks must be edited separately, but I thought I'd check it out in this forum. Many thanks for any help on this, Rick.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
mick

Re: Piano roll editing of submix track...?

Post by mick »

Thinking about this logically, if you recorded 3 tracks simultainious then the 3 tracks will have identical midi info. So... what about editing the top track only then remove the bottom two and replace them with a duplicate of the edited track, then all three will be identical again but with the editing. :D Hope this is what you need.
EDIT: Just noticed the instrument title from the doner track copies too - so copy the instrument title in each track header and paste into the project instrument window, - saves typing.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (210.75 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
midimoose

Post by midimoose »

Thanks Mick--- exactly what I needed. A workaround, elegant in its simplicity! Sometimes I'm so hung up in the moment that I fail to back up and look at things logically :oops: This will be a great timesaver! Rick.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
mick

Post by mick »

I got it from Albert Einstein :lol: