when doing a video

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

morty

when doing a video

Post by morty »

How to arm the video and recorded music file together
when I push record only one gets armed I want both the video sound and my music together
Mark Bliss

Re: when doing a video

Post by Mark Bliss »

Not sure I understand.....

When you import video, any associated audio gets put in its own audio track.

To record additional tracks, add a track and arm it, set the input source.......

If that doesnt help, maybe you could clarify the question a bit?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

I don't understand the question completely either so I just played with a video track and found this:
Mixcraft will place a video on the video track and its audio on a separate audio track.
The video track cannot be armed for recording so you cannot then accidentally destroy it by overwriting.
The audio track by default, has an arm for recording button but If you arm the audio track, Mixcraft will automatically mute the track when you hit the record button on the transport bar probably to avoid it being destroyed or overwritten as with the video. A precious video and audio of some event therefore remains intact and indestructible, at least this is the way I see things.

You can however, record on a new audio track whilst watching and listening to the original video/audio file.
You then have 3 tracks, video, audio and additional recorded audio.

You can use the additional audio track to add a commentary or background music, add loops or whatever you please so the only thing you will arm is the new audio track.
Pete Stobbs

Post by Pete Stobbs »

You could mute the original audio track then record your own audio on a seperate track?
Win 8.1
8 gig ram
AMD A4 6210 1.8 GHz
Focusrite solo.
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 5 head.
Blackstar ID30 TVP

https://soundcloud.com/pete-stobbs
https://soundcloud.com/toltec-jive
morty

Post by morty »

I videoed a storm for 5 minutes including the wind sound... I want to add a music track to the storm but when recording I cant arm both. I want the wind along with the music but the wind on low volume
How do I do it?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

morty wrote:I videoed a storm for 5 minutes including the wind sound... I want to add a music track to the storm but when recording I cant arm both. I want the wind along with the music but the wind on low volume
How do I do it?
Hi,

You only need to arm a track if you want to record on it. So, you'd arm your recording track and record what you want to record.

Just loading the video would automatically add the sound of the wind to another track. You don't have to arm anything for that. Assuming that the video already has the sound of the wind in it, that is. When you load the video into Mixcraft, do you see the audio track with the wind appear as well?

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You keep asking about "arming both". Arming both what?

Add an audio track. Record your sound. Mix it in by setting the levels.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
morty

Post by morty »

Just loading the video would automatically add the sound of the wind to another track. You don't have to arm anything for that. Assuming that the video already has the sound of the wind in it, that is. When you load the video into Mixcraft, do you see the audio track with the wind appear as well?
yes but the wind in the video is loud I want to take it down a notch so it doesn't overwhelm the music
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Adjust the volume slider for it. You could also do volume automation on it. Here's a video: Mixcraft 7 Automation: Track Automation

That would allow you to change the volume over time if you wanted it to get louder or software or dip down at certain spots.

Greg
morty

Post by morty »

Adjust the volume slider for it. You could also do volume automation on it. Here's a video: Mixcraft 7 Automation: Track Automation

Ill give it a shot all I wanted was to work both volumes 1 of the video and 2 of the music
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As long as you have the audio on two different tracks, it's easy to work with different volume levels. When you play the project, the sounds will naturally mix together and you can keep adjusting until it sounds right.

Greg
morty

Post by morty »

Acoustica Greg thanks that worked beautifully just wanted a lil wind in my sails 8)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

morty wrote:Acoustica Greg thanks that worked beautifully just wanted a lil wind in my sails 8)
You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know that it's clear sailing!

We've got a bunch of video tutorials here: Mixcraft 7 University