SKIPPING WHEN RECORDING

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

55Dudester

SKIPPING WHEN RECORDING

Post by 55Dudester »

Hi
I have a registered Mixcraft 6 verson, and I love it, but recently, I have been having problems with recording and playback. I can hear glitches or ticks while recording my voice with mp3 tracks, and when I play back the recording of the mp3 tracks and my voice, I notice there is a delay between my voice and my tracks. I made sure while recording that my voice was singing in perfect timing to the mp3 tracks, yet when I play back, even though I don't hear the glitches or tick sound on play back, I noticed my vocal tracks doesn't stay in perfect timing with the tracks...although it's very little, it's enough to force me to cut out parts of my vocal track, and move it back a notch or two...which just daisy chains me in doing so throughout the song, and very time consuming. I noticed that my CPU and System percentages in the bottom right spike up to as high as 47 percent when I hear the tick sound...I don't know if that has anything to do it. I checked my task manager to see if anything was running, and I didn't see anything unusual there....although I am not a pc guru..so that may be a huge part of the problem. :oops: Anyway, any help on this matter would help, and I am in a deadline to finish a CD I am working on.
Thanks for your help guys.
Ray
Brian S

Re: SKIPPING WHEN RECORDING

Post by Brian S »

In all likelihood, that's a problem with the PC. Probably a virus, or virus checker.
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

I've checked for virus's and everything seems to be fine with my pc....really strange.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

There's a million and six things that could be going on...... It's not the million though, it's the six that'll get you!

Are you using an interface? Are the drivers up to date? Do you have the right settings to record properly, sample rate, bit depth etc.? Are all of your cables in good shape? Are you plugged into an outlet that's not properly grounded?

I could go on and on and there are a ton of things that could be wrong, computer, human, a combination of both. We'll need to hear more about your system and such to maybe narrow it down. My guess though is your settings in MC6 or interface (if you're using one) Sample rate and buffer size and such, they are the usual suspects.

M
chibear

Post by chibear »

Since you are a deadline, try mixing each track (individually) down to wave. Solo that stem you produced and check it to make sure it was a clean render, then go on. That will apply all the fx and render any VSTi's before final mixdown, lessening the load on your computer and increasing the likelyhood of a clean final mix.

As RE pointed out, the problem could lie in numerous areas and could take a lot of time to pinpoint.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Thanks guys...I will try the suggestions given...but if no cure, I will just have my pc reformatted, and reload Mixcraft. With 12 gigs of RAM, I never had any issues regarding heavy load issues. When I record, I turn leave the internet off, and keep things running in the background to a minimum.
Thanks again for your time and help. :)