Bouncing individual tracks on a multichannel plugin?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

therhinoburger

Bouncing individual tracks on a multichannel plugin?

Post by therhinoburger »

Hello, I'm currently working with Superior Drummer 2 in mixcraft 6 and am trying to bounce each drum to it's own audio file. I have each drum sent out from the plugin to it's own channel, and am wondering what the easiest way is to bounce each of these to their own file. I figure I can probably just solo each track and the bounce the entire superior drummer track, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way to do this that's a little less time consuming as this is something that I will have to do often. Thanks.
Juno

Re: Bouncing individual tracks on a multichannel plugin?

Post by Juno »

It depends a bit on your setup. In theory you could right click each track and then choose "mix to new audio track".

I have EZ drummer and when i use the mixer that comes with it, i can send those channels to individual tracks, but they don't have the midi data. In MC6 it looks like this:
mixcraft 6 ez drummer.jpg
mixcraft 6 ez drummer.jpg (342.81 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
In this case i cannot bounce individual tracks (except track 1) because the only track that has midi is track 1. In the Mixdown menu you have another option: "Mix each track to a separate file". But again, if the tracks don't have any actual midi data, it won't work.

You could of course copy the midi to all tracks and remove the notes that don't belong there. But:
therhinoburger wrote:I figure I can probably just solo each track and the bounce the entire superior drummer track
I think this is the fastest, as long as you right click the main track and choose "mix to new audio track". The mix down menu probably takes more time (you'd have to find and import the files again).
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell