How do I do this?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

davefk

How do I do this?

Post by davefk »

I want to start at the beginning just once, then loop the section. I cant seem to move the start outside of a loop if you get my drift :D

Thanks guys..
Attachments
Start.jpg
Start.jpg (618.04 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Last edited by davefk on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juno

Re: How do I do this?

Post by Juno »

Completely understand. I have in fact suggested this for MC 7. Loop markers should only determine what to loop, not prevent playback in the area outside of it.

My workaround is to activate Loop Mode after the playback indicator is 'in' the area, but that's not always possible.

I also wish the loop bars could swap position. The area between them would then be skipped (unless you start playback in that area ;-) ).
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
davefk

Post by davefk »

Juno wrote:My workaround is to activate Loop Mode after the playback indicator is 'in' the area, but that's not always possible.
Thanks for answering. Yes, I tried that, but you get a jump back to the left loop marker. Acoustica, can you please add this basic function. Thanks.
mick

Post by mick »

There's only one workaround I can think of, it may be silly or it may work so here goes....
Forget the loop button altogether and make your own loop.
Put everything one the track but duplicate the section you want to loop for as many times you need to loop it, It works in simple terms as in the pic so here's hoping it works for your project as well! The red square is the original and the green square is the duplicate (or loop) It will play the Solo Bassoon once then play the Wah Clav twice or as many times as copied as it were looped.
EDIT: Oops! The pic shows some tracks muted so that's a mistake, they should all have been active, I think you know what I mean.:D
loop.PNG
loop.PNG (209.06 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Last edited by mick on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davefk

Post by davefk »

mick wrote:There's only one workaround I can think of, it may be silly or it may work so here goes....
Forget the loop button altogether and make your own loop.
Put everything one the track but duplicate the section you want to loop for as many times you need to loop it, It works in simple terms as in the pic so here's hoping it works for your project as well! The red square is the original and the green square is the duplicate (or loop) It will play the Solo Bassoon once then play the Wah Clav twice or as many times as copied as it were looped. :D
loop.PNG
Thanks for that Mick. Yep, that's the only way for now... :D