Mixcraft and Mac

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tomyco

Mixcraft and Mac

Post by tomyco »

Is there anyone using Micraft with a Mac, according to the system requirements you can use a mac if you download bootcamp which I'm not familiar with. If anyone is, how's it working for you?

Anyone know if there are plans for Mixcraft to work on mac computers without having to download bootcamp?
tonymus

Re: Mixcraft and Mac

Post by tonymus »

If this reply comes off as harsh, please accept my apology in advance.

The Mac, while not my machine of choice, has it devotees. It also has a raft of DAW choices. Acoustica is a small company; for them to stretch their limited resources to the Mac market would strain their ability to create the best, affordable DAW in the PC market. It is INCREDIBLY difficult to maintain and improve two code bases simultaneously. In addition, they would simply be another name in the Mac market, instead of the price/performance leader in the PC market. It is my hope that they continue to target the market they know best, and the one that knows them the best.

As far as using Mixcraft with BootCamp, I cannot imagine why that couldn't work; your Mac is, essentially, a PC running Windows at that point.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We currently don't have any plans to make a Mac version of Mixcraft. If you did want to run Mixcraft on a Mac, you'd have to have Windows installed. You can use Apple Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop or whatever, but you do need Windows.

Greg
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

The bootcamp software is said to allow the Mac user to install Windows. It would follow that if Windows was installed, then you could use Mixcraft.

In my case I have installed Linux and use WINE to run Mixcraft. Linux doesn't have the audio codec that can compare to Wondows but I'd bet that the MAC OSX would be even superior to Windows in that respect. -h