Restoring previous version of song

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

theonewiseman

Restoring previous version of song

Post by theonewiseman »

Hey there,
I did something kinda dumb, and wanted to see if you all were able to come up with a fix. I was working on a song, but nothing really came of it. I then opened up another song, but it asked first if I were gonna save what I had open. The file was blank, so I didn't worry about it, and proceeded to go to the song I wanted to open. It saved the blank MX7 file over the full almost completed song. Is there any way to restore this? Thanks!
CRAZY6STRINGS

Re: Restoring previous version of song

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

I don't know if this help you. But if you go to where your backup files are....I believe the Documents folder is the default folder for these.

Find and open the MIXCRAFT PROJECTS FOLDER and see if, you find a project file with either your songs title, or look for the creation dates to the right of the file names OR project numbers. You didn't say what you action was when it asked to save your work or not.

Again, I don't know if this will be any help or not...good luck
Juno

Post by Juno »

theonewiseman wrote:The file was blank, so I didn't worry about it, and proceeded to go to the song I wanted to open.
You didn't worry, but what did you do? (I mean: the steps you took.)
You proceeded to another song; again, what did you do? (the steps you took)

If you make backups, which you should, then Crazy6strings explanation should help.

Another thing you can try: use Windows Explorer to find the project, right click it, go to the tab "previous versions" and wait/see if Windows can find such a previous version:
restore previous version.jpg
restore previous version.jpg (49.54 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Note: you can set Mixcraft to make backups of projects automatically, and you can make backups of any file/folder using Windows.
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

"The file was blank" lost me. Not sure what that meant. As pointed out, more details would help.
If you didn't save the project, you didn't name the project. So looking in your project folder for a default "project 1" might reveal something, but I fear its gone....... and a lesson learned.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page