Adam Audio Soundtrack Competition

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: Adam Audio Soundtrack Competition

Post by Mark Bliss »

I dont "get" the choice for first place personally. :roll: Just not my thing I guess.

But theres some good work, I really liked a couple of the runner up and special award winners myself.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Like you, Mark, I don't get it either. It was a good recording, I can't say anything about the performance part of it as there wasn't much to it and to me it just didn't come close compared to many of the entries that I listened to. The 2nd and 3rd gave me the same feeling.

I did like two of the runners up as well.

Oh well. :?
chibear

Post by chibear »

Ya, I'm with you guys. When I enter a contest like this, I'd like to come out at least saying "Gee I wish I could write like that", but fact is, I don't want to. Maybe a generational thing. BUT I don't think it's the style(s) (maybe of engineering, but not musical style). There's a fellow who at least used to be a Mixcraft user, Jean-Michel George, who IMO is a veritable Mozart. ANY style he chooses to write in comes out polished. He didn't enter this contest, but when I grow up I want to write like him :D
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

I listened to a ton of entries, I was blown away by what I heard. ...and of the great majority, the winning entry just paled to what I heard.

I could only wonder, what am I not hearing? Its gotta be me right? After all, it won over hundreds of competotors
mick

Post by mick »

The winning Moon entry is subjective to the judges personal tastes and is a planetary distance (oops a pun!) to a judge being technically based. In other words you may as well drop your ideas into a hat and have it selected by a magicians rabbit.
That's why some of you talented guys didn't win! 8)

Maybe Acoustica will run a competition some day with 3 categories, Classical, Rock, and Other. Not for prizes but just for fun and the judges could be US! :mrgreen:
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

And you're absolutely right, that is the nature on contests like that. After submitting my entry for the dance photo, I listened to other entries for that same photo, only to be dismayed that the great majority of them were in the ??? HiphopTechnoSynth rich creations and thinking "That must be what they wanted.

Now that I think about it, it seems most of the winners created subdued soundtracks. Maybe they were seeking things that didn't overshadow the photos...who knows.

It was fun to enter, and again, it was free to enter. :D
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Do you believe those judges listened to every entry?

I probably wouldn't have ever been exposed to all those other fine examples of those who'd entered. That's a good thing. -h