- make a new project with 1 instrument track. I left it with the default instrument: Acoustic Piano from Acoustica Instruments, but it did the same when i tried it with a VSTi
- create a new clip, go to its sound tab, open the Step Sequencer
- you should see something like this:
- click the Add/Edit button, the Step Editor Notes Chooser opens:
- select a range of notes and click OK; or change any other setting and click OK; or click 'cancel'; or click the red cross to close
- open the Step Editor Notes Chooser once more. The problem manifests in 2 ways:
- the buttons and menus no longer work at all (the red cross to close the window still works)
- selecting a range of notes on the keyboard may or may not work, or it may not work at first and then suddenly respond. The response may be just one note, or a few, up to the full range that's allowed for the instrument.
- regardless, you can't use OK so you cannot save anything you manage to do.
- restarting Mixcraft seems to fix it, but as soon as you repeat it, the same thing happens.
- at step 5, changing the value for the key "G" to some other value and OK to confirm and close, did not save.
- The same goes for the value "chromatic".
By "not save" i mean that in step 6, it showed the old values again.
- Selecting a range of notes in step 5 and confirming by OK saves, and adds the notes as well. The Notes Chooser is still unusable after that.