mixcraft 7

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lazerweb

mixcraft 7

Post by lazerweb »

I was forced to upgrade from 5 to 7, which I duly paid for. I'm not happy with 7 - the track sizes are different and so limited - either tiny or huge. Awful. Also, I used to be able to right click a track and select to reduce the sound level..now I can't How can this version be any better than 5? It's terrible. I'm getting another program because when I ask Mixcraft for help, they never respond.
the pannacotta army

Re: mixcraft 7

Post by the pannacotta army »

In MC 7 you can grab the bottom edge and drag it to any size you want.
You can also right click a track's fader to select an exact volume or a preset %.

In my experience you always get a prompt response here in the forum from either the MC staff or knowledgeable members of the MC community. If you 've got an issue, how about asking a question in a sensible grown-up manner before throwing your toys around like a precious 2 year old.
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

I have seen the ability to choose a level of volume reduction. I don't recall how to do it, but it offers at least three if not four options to choose from. I know it wouldn't take long for me to find it as I came upon it tice last week. But because I'd rather choose my specific level, I wouldn't ever use it. But it is there.

As for the track sizes, along with grabbing and resizing it manually, the "View" in the menu bar gives three options.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

lazerweb wrote:I was forced to upgrade from 5 to 7, which I duly paid for. I'm not happy with 7 -
Forced? Lost me already. I've never been forced to upgrade.
lazerweb wrote:the track sizes are different and so limited - either tiny or huge. Awful.
You can make the tracks any size you want.
lazerweb wrote:Also, I used to be able to right click a track and select to reduce the sound level..now I can't
Hmm, I used v5 and don't recall anything like that. I have likely forgotten some trivial changes as that was a number of years ago....... But of the many methods available, none are worthy of adapting to?
lazerweb wrote:How can this version be any better than 5? It's terrible.
Again, having used v5,,,,, I dont see how anyone would not find the upgrade to be a huge value, given all the improvements. But to each theirs....
You know, they generously offer a free trial period BTW. And you can reinstall the old versions if that floats your particular boat. And a refund of your upgrade isn't out of the question, I am sure- If that's what you want.
lazerweb wrote:I'm getting another program because when I ask Mixcraft for help, they never respond.
What method of contact did you try? I see this is your first post here, so you obviously haven't given that method much of a chance. Have you tried the support button above? they have always responded to that route pretty promptly, given normal business hour restrictions and such.
You wont find better help and support anywhere else. Period.

But good luck with your "other program." Hope you find something that suits you well.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Not only can you drag a track to any size you can adjust them all together. Hold the SHIFT key and drag the bottom edge of any track and they will all resize together, its a wonderful feature.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

lazerweb wrote:I used to be able to right click a track and select to reduce the sound level..
Each track in Mixcraft 7 has a slider, I left click and drag it to the left to reduce the sound level (or drag it to the right to increase the sound level).

If this was done some other way in Mixcraft 5, I'll call that a big improvement by my standards.
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

This thread smells strongly of troll.
Or at the very least the OP doesn't really want help, just a place to complain.

Since there is no actual question, Unless the OP replies to show differently, I think we can let the thread drop.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

mick wrote:Not only can you drag a track to any size you can adjust them all together. Hold the SHIFT key and drag the bottom edge of any track and they will all resize together, its a wonderful feature.
Now that tip has made this thread useful! I never knew you could do that. Now what would be really great is if you could save the expanded track sizes as a default.

Thanks Mick.

Cheers

John
Juno

Post by Juno »

fredfish wrote:Now what would be really great is if you could save the expanded track sizes as a default.
You can. Make a template.
It also saves the track sizes that you set up. :D

(under "PROJECT TEMPLATES")
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
the pannacotta army

Post by the pannacotta army »

I've learned a couple of good tips now... and all thanks to our inadvertently helpful troll
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Often works that way, you never know which direction things will turn.
That's part of why I try to help folks. Never know what you learn in return.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

the pannacotta army wrote:I've learned a couple of good tips now... and all thanks to our inadvertently helpful troll
Me too! Knew about being able to resize but not all at once with shift..... And never paid attention to Template until now.

Thanks Mick and Juno!

M
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

lazerweb wrote: Also, I used to be able to right click a track and select to reduce the sound level..now I can't .
This feature..is in M7
Right click, choose Envelopes, and you can see six options to choose from, one being Boost, and one being Reduce. Each will give you four levels to choose...