Adding anew vst in preference

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kiran

Adding anew vst in preference

Post by kiran »

I open the attached fig and it says add. Then i type the location of the vst. and say ok and then the mixcraftscans the whole plugins again. why so? It was not happening before.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (30.92 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (10.29 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
I appreciate software makers.
I would like to see them on this site.Show us photos for real appreciation.
fredfish

Re: Adding anew vst in preference

Post by fredfish »

Is, perhaps, the plug in 64 bit and your version of Mixcraft 32 bit - that can be one of the reasons why an expected VST doesn't show up.

Cheers

John
kiran

Post by kiran »

Hi John
You did not get my point. First it is 64 bits on my Win 64 bits and it is mixcraft 7
Secondly when i add the plugin but the mixcraft scans again all the plugins and adds my new plugin .This is so boring and time consuming.This was not the case in mixcraft 6.
Thanks
Attachments
Capture8.PNG
Capture8.PNG (12.07 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hi Kiran

How are you adding the plug in? Your first graphic points to "EDIT vst folders", so that may be causing the confusion about your inquiry.

In general, I find the only time I have to run the VST scan is if I install a VST into the VST folders while Mixcraft is open. However the plug in appears upon next time an incidence of Mixcraft is opened, where the VST folders are quickly scanned during program startup.
But as far as I recall that was the same in previous versions, so the problem description remains unclear.

There have been a very few rare incidences where I had to run a VST rescan after an update or upgrade, but that has only been a couple of times, and only had to be done once and everything was back to normal.

BTW, A new feature in v7.5 is the ability to simply drag the VST .dll file into the Mixcraft screen, and it is automatically installed.
*Note that this may not work on some more complex plug ins that require additional files to operate. Some must be installed via the install wizard and may require further steps to register or license.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
kiran

Post by kiran »

Thanks a lot for new way to add vst. I will try that to avoid unnecessary auto rescan
kiran

Post by kiran »

Hi I add like this
1) In first graphic i click edit vst vsti folder the i click Add and then go to c program files etc. then i click ok and then I get that second graphic and then yes it starts scanning all the plugins and instruments.
I feel after adding the path and after clicking ok i should not get second graphic
Thanks
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

There are different types of installation for different VST's, but personally, in no case do I use the "Edit VST Folders" function during an install.
I always assumed that was a way of telling Mixcraft where to look for VST's and therefore is probably why you are triggering a rescan.
Maybe I am doing it "wrong", but here's what has consistently worked for me in v7, v6, v5.......

Tips:
In my experience, most VST's are zipped files, so I examine/evaluate the zipped files and:

Scenario 1: If it is a simple .dll file and nothing else, simply unzip to the VST folder where your other VST's are.

Scenario 2: If the zipped file has other files besides a .dll, I create a folder within the VST folder previously mentioned and unzip the files into it.

Scenario 3: If the zipped file contains an installer, I run it and it usually locates/creates the necessary VST folder and installs the necessary files.

Note that some plug ins have a text file with installation tips and license/registration instructions that can be helpful.
Upon opening Mixcraft, it searches the necessary VST folders as necessary. Only if it doesn't find them (In the case of a new folder for example) do I run the VST rescan.
If Mixcraft is already running, it wont see the VST until it is reopened or a scan is run.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
kiran

Post by kiran »

OK understood i will do it and post it again here
Thanks for your time
Regards :D
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Mark Bliss wrote: If Mixcraft is already running, it wont see the VST until it is reopened or a scan is run.
THIS. although why someone would be downloading a VST while Mixcraft is open is beyond me.

for most "simple" VST's I usually download them to c:/downloads,open or unzip them there and then copy just the .dll file to Mixcraft/vst/3rd party.

works for me.