Will my presets and setting be saved on MC 7?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jddrock

Will my presets and setting be saved on MC 7?

Post by jddrock »

Hi all!
I just recently made an upgrade to MC PS 7 from MC PS 6. I haven't downloaded it yet(I have some projects that need to be finished before I start learning the new version of this DAW). When I install MC PS 7 will my Vst and plugin presets that I've saved in my previous version of MC still be there in MC PS 7? If not automatically how can I make sure ALL my settings and saved presets and such will be transferred over on the upgrade??? Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :D
fredfish

Re: Will my presets and setting be saved on MC 7?

Post by fredfish »

Yes you should be fine -

When you install MX7 it doesn't replace MX6, MX6 will still be there unless you choose to remove it.

To put your mind at rest regards to presets I just tried the following.

I opened MX6 and created a new preset that I called Fred Fish and put it in the "my presets" category.
I closed MX6 and opened MX7 went to the "my presets" and hey presto the new prest created in MX6 was showing in MX7.

Another thing to remember when installing MX7 is to think hard about if you want to install the 32bit or 64bit version (you can actually install both versions if you run the installer twice). Although instinct would imply that 64bit is automatically going to be better than 32bit that isnt always the case.

If you have been working on a load of projects with MX6 then most (in fact probably all) of your vsts are going to be 32bit. They will work in the 64bit version of MX7 but some users experience a degraded performance because the 64 bit version has to run the 32 bit plugins through a converter (called a wrapper) and this can mean that the same project runs better and faster with fewer glitches when run on the 32 bit version rather than the 64 bit version. If you have a specific need to use 64 bit then go for it (EG you have some specific 64 bit vsts or you want to run sample players with big libraries).

Cheers

John
jddrock

Re: Will my presets and setting be saved on MC 7?

Post by jddrock »

Ok, thanks John! I appreciate the help! :)