Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

Whitecarl1993
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Whitecarl1993 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:59 pm

I love using Mixcraft 7.5! There is no other program for PC that works this well with a midi controller. However, all of the registration reminders make it almost impossible to use without purchasing. I feel as though not having the ability to mix down projects is enough of a hindrance to those who cannot (or wont) purchase the product right away and would motivate people to buy your product. As it stands now, I am going to whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro. Everytime I look at mixcraft, I hear that fucking mixcraft lady bitching to me about being to broke to get out of trial mode, so I more or less shudder at the idea of using mixcraft now. Just an idea for the future. :D

User avatar
Rolling Estonian
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am
Location: MD/DC

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Rolling Estonian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Whitecarl1993 wrote:As it stands now, I am going to whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro.
As I see it, buying MC will be a heck of a lot less expensive than buying a Mac and Logic. I don't know how you're going to find a 'cheap' one. And Logic Pro is $199 so I don't really get where you're coming from. Especially saying that you love MC. Either way, thanks for sharing and good luck.

M
Last edited by Rolling Estonian on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chibear
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:25 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by chibear » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Rolling Estonian wrote:
Whitecarl1993 wrote:As it stands now, I am going to whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro.
As I see it, buying MC will be a heck of a lot expensive than buying a Mac and Logic. I don't know how you're going to find a 'cheap' one. And Logic Pro is $199 so I don't really get where you're coming from. Especially saying that you love MC. Either way, thanks for sharing and good luck.

M
"Cheap" and "MacBook" somehow don't fit together in my mind either (especially a MacBook capable of running a DAW), plus suggest you investigate some of the VST and VSTi forums and see how Apple seems to break something every OS upgrade that sends developers scrambling to fix.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube

mick
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 am

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by mick » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Mmmm.... That's strange, I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5. I can use it for as long as I like and do mixdowns, make video's, make CD's, Blah blah blah...all in joyous peace of mind, I wonder if anyone can explain? Oh hang on a minute.. I think I have a paid for registration number somewhere, the result of working for my dosh and exchanging a tiny bit of it in return for someone else's time and skill. :D

User avatar
Mark Bliss
Posts: 6892
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm
Location: Out there

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Mark Bliss » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Carl, I hate to come across as unkind, but that is officially the dumbest post I have read on this forum all year, hands down.
Yep the free trial version has a nag, as it is intended to encourage your purchase. And your argument is illogical.

Unbelievable. :roll:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

User avatar
Rolling Estonian
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am
Location: MD/DC

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Rolling Estonian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:23 pm

mick wrote:I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5.
I do sometimes........ Her name is Liz!!!!! :mrgreen:

I couldn't resist that one...... Knowing that she won't see that will help me live to see another day!

M

mick
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 am

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by mick » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:39 pm

I wrote : I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5.
Oh yeah, I forgot about one little voice telling me to hang my coat, move my shoes, tidy this and that etc.. :lol:

User avatar
Rolling Estonian
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am
Location: MD/DC

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Rolling Estonian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:43 pm

mick wrote:
I wrote : I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5.
Oh yeah, I forgot about one little voice telling me to hang my coat, move my shoes, tidy this and that etc.. :lol:
A little voice? Man, you got it good! :lol:

M

User avatar
Studio 919
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 am
Location: Middle Georgia, USA

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Studio 919 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Well, this is very similar to life itself. When you come up with a little money the female nagging ceases. :lol:

Just had to throw this out there.

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.

Image

User avatar
Rolling Estonian
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am
Location: MD/DC

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Rolling Estonian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Studio 919 wrote:When you come up with a little money the female nagging ceases.
Again, just a little??????? Man both you guys are lucky!!!!!! :mrgreen:

M

Anorax
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Anorax » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Oh, don't worry, there are always ways to get around the mixdown restriction - that's what I did when I still used Mixcraft 5. You just gotta be crafty... ;-)

That said, Mixcraft 7.5 is ridiculously cheap compared to other DAWs, like someone alluded to - Logic Pro is $199, and Mixcraft 7 (standard) is, what, $80? The only thing "pricey" about Mixcraft is the Pro Studio version, which includes a plethora of additional plugins but is functionally identical to the standard Mixcraft 7.5.

And yes, pun intended.

User avatar
Mark Bliss
Posts: 6892
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm
Location: Out there

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Mark Bliss » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:32 pm

I must be the luckiest guy on earth then. :D
(We don't have that problem here!)
Occasional gentle reminder because my memory is fried, yes. Necessary, yes. Problem? Not in the slightest. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

User avatar
Starship Krupa
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 am
Location: California

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Starship Krupa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Whitecarl1993 wrote:....all of the registration reminders make it almost impossible to use without purchasing.....

.... I am going to [do] whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro.
Whoa, you can use Logic Pro without purchasing it? I have indeed been missing out.
-Erik
___________
3.4 GHz i7-3770, 16G RAM, Win 10 64-bit, ATi Radeon HD 5770
2X PreSonus Firepods, Event 20/20's, Alesis Monitor Ones, Alesis Point Sevens
Mixcraft Pro Studio 8.5, Cakewalk by BandLab

User avatar
AHornsby
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by AHornsby » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:19 am

Rolling Estonian wrote: I do sometimes........ Her name is Liz!!!!! :mrgreen:
Hopefully not in your good ear. -h

gypsy101
Posts: 2322
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:00 pm
Location: near Music City,USA

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by gypsy101 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:52 am

Image

Image

Post Reply