Separating Audio Channels

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Xtreemo

Separating Audio Channels

Post by Xtreemo »

Hello, people.

As you may notice I'm new around here, and I don't know much about audio edition (I'm more like a video editor, actually). I might be dumb, but I hope you guys are cool and there are no harshing around here.
Right to the topic: I saw this Disco Inferno's remix video, and I wondered if I could actually remove and separate the audio channels from that music just like this guy did. I'd need exactly THIS song for some videos I'm going to be making for Youtube. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boam64ROWpg

If it IS a hard work to be done, there's no problem. All I'd like to learn is how to sucessfully separate the audio channels from this song just like he did; like the instrumental, drums and voices were recorded separatedly.

I'd be very thankful if you guys could help me in that. :mrgreen:
AHornsby

Re: Separating Audio Channels

Post by AHornsby »

One way is to contact Disco Inferno and ask for a copy to use.

There's a lot of trash in the audio signal if you try to download directly from Youtube and I think it might also be illegal if a copyrighted song is used without permission.

Also, rolling your own disco music is easy in MC.

(I never thought I'd have to hear and see those days again after having survived the 'Disco Duck.') -h
Xtreemo

Post by Xtreemo »

That is quite accurate! I'll actually do that right away. Thank you for the suggestion! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

If you want to have a play you can get Disco Inferno from Karaoke Version . com for £1.99

If you play around with the download options you can download each instrument, vocal etc as a separate track and then import them into the different tracks in Mixcraft and remix to your hearts delight! This particular song can be split in to 11 different tracks.

http://www.karaoke-version.com/customba ... ferno.html

If you want to go down this route and get a bit lost in the download process let me know and I will give you a detailed description of the process.

Note it wont be the original vocalist etc, but great for getting the hang of remixing.

Cheers

John
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Xtreemo wrote:As you may notice I'm new around here, and I don't know much about audio edition (I'm more like a video editor, actually). I might be dumb, but I hope you guys are cool and there are no harshing around here.
Welcome. I think you will find you have discovered an exceptional and unusual place in this regard. It is at worst, mostly cool and generally any "harshing" is dealt out as humor. :D

I hope you discover a new life for your disco bell-bottoms and open shirts, and may you put some serious wear on your dancing shoes.
Have fun! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
midimoose

Post by midimoose »

Hey, I've NEVER run into any "harshing" on this forum. Lots of folks out here with solid, and never condescending advice. I've learned a lot of great things on these forums-- thanks to everyone. There are no stupid questions-- ask, and almost always, you'll get honest and clear advice. I, for one appreciate the ability to ask,and receive. Thanks, Mixcraft! Rick.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein