How do I assign an instance of 1 effect to more than 1 track?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

w1av

How do I assign an instance of 1 effect to more than 1 track?

Post by w1av »

Not sure how to explain, but how can I assign, for example a REVERB to more than 1 track using ONE INSTANCE of the reverb effect. For example, I recorded my acoustic guitar with 2 microphones, trying different configurations. I found one that worked well so I used it also on the lead tracks. So I have 4 guitar tracks. Instead of choosing for example the Reverb I want on EACH TRACK INDIVIDUALLY, is it possible to assign ONE INSTANCE of that reverb to those 4 guitar tracks? I think you use automation? I still have trouble understanding how to use it. I watched the video but still not clear.
Rolling Estonian

Re: How do I assign an instance of 1 effect to more than 1 track?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Hey there, I think you want to use a send track.

https://youtu.be/rutk1Tq-ui0?list=PLhcP ... mkimRUPwkn

M
chibear

Post by chibear »

You can also put your 4 guitar tracks in a submix the add the reverb to the submix track. That's how I handle early reflections in orchestra libraries.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Either one would work.
One thing not clearly stated in the video is that the reverb in the send track should be set to 100% wet to get the desired results.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
w1av

Post by w1av »

OK thank you very much! I have basically figured out how to use a "send" track. Apparently I see you can only put 1 effect on each send track. So I did an experiment and made 2 send tracks. Send 1 has a compressor and Send 2 a Reverb. The only problem is the RED send button. How do you know how much of the effect is actually being brought in? I mean if I set compressor for "acoustic guitar" how far do I turn the red knob to equal the same amount as if I had the compressor on the single guitar track? For example if I don't use a send track and I add an effect, either reverb, compressor, etc to a single channel, I am getting the actual preset I picked....but with the send knob, how do I adjust it to give me the same amount of the effect in the preset? Does the send button directly relate to the "level" control on effect presets? I hope this makes sense!
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

As Mark mentioned above, on the reverb put the 'wet mix' at %100 so that the send knob controls the input of the reverb. With the comp you can't really do that so unless you're using just one parameter you may want to use a different method, like a submix.

M