melodyne installation

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

vicarito

melodyne installation

Post by vicarito »

I would really appreciate some help regarding Melodyne Installation
I stopped at the point where it asked me to choose the following options:
RTAS, VST2 (32 BIT), VST2(64 BIT), VST3 (32 BIT), VST3 (64) BIT, REWIRE (32BIT), REWIRE (64BIT)

I work with 64 bit so I assume it has to be one of those but I do not know which one will work o.k. with mixcraft 7 Pro.

Thank you very much

vicarito
Acoustica Greg

Re: melodyne installation

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

64-bit Mixcraft 7 will recognize both 32- and 64-bit VST2. 32-bit Mixcraft 7, or older versions of Mixcraft would only recognize 32-bit VST2.

Greg
vicarito

Post by vicarito »

thank you for your reply.

I would appreciate also any information on how to use the REWIRE option in Mixcraft 7
I want to explore the option of the stand alone version of MELODYNE (besides the plugin)and for what I understand
I would have to use the REWIRE function to connect Mixcraft with Melodyne.
I tried the manual but the references to this function are very short and not to explicative.
In the You Tube Videos there is nothing about Rewire between mixcraft and melodyne.
thank you very much for your help
vicarito
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're running 32-bit Mixcraft, make sure you've got 32-bit Melodyne standalone installed. If you're using 64-bit Mixcraft, make sure you've got 64-bit Melodyne installed.

Click on the "Add ReWire Application" option under the Mix menu and select Melodyne from the list. This will create a ReWire track in Mixcraft that will play anything you've got in your ReWire application when you play your Mixcraft project, and it will also mix down that track with the rest of the tracks.

Celemony has some info here: Operating Melodyne with Rewire

Greg
vicarito

Post by vicarito »

thank you very much for your reply

vicarito
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

I love MixCraft 8, but Melodyne is a nightmare to install and uninstall for a partially working product that introduces more complexity and general instability and a huge "upgrade" price.

I realize Melodyne needs to protect their content, especially at $850 (studio), but there must be a better way than what they currently implement.

The Studio version of Melodyne is the only version (IMHO) that is actually useful.

Cakewalk do the same process with their product, intro version of Melodyne with same problematic installations. So unless you really need Melodyne, I'd avoid installing it. And if you do need Melodyne, then buy the Studio version (installs stand alone with VST which MixCraft can find/use).

Cheers, Rob.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I strongly disagree.

For me, installation was seamless and posed no difficulty whatsoever, and I am finding the new tool to be a highly useful and powerful addition. Have not yet experienced so much as a hiccup (installation wise) related to Melodyne in Mixcraft.
(Otherwise, here's something maybe. The auto scroll function seems to not work as expected. Minor bug, don't know if its Mixcraft or Melodyne- we'll see.)

The only reason I might consider upgrading (Melodyne) in the future is to get even more features enabled in what I am finding to be an amazing product. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page