Nightlife - showstopper VST for electronic music. FREE!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Nightlife - showstopper VST for electronic music. FREE!

Post by Acoustica Dan »

We are very excited to offer this incredible new VST synthesizer absolutely free for everybody!

Check it out! http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/night ... ee-vst.php

Dan
Rolling Estonian

Re: Nightlife - showstopper VST for electronic music. FREE!

Post by Rolling Estonian »

You guys are on a roll!

I'm not much of a synth guy but I'll definitely check it out, it looks really cool!

M
chibear

Post by chibear »

Neat toy! Thanks!
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

:roll:
Allow me to illustrate how this works for an old fart, simply for entertainment purposes. :lol:

Ok, I'm gonna have a look and give this a test drive! But it requires a log-in. Here's how that goes......
Yes I know its a different log-in than this forum. I had to go back and look it up in a running file I keep because I have way way too many to keep track of.
Log-in fails of course, and after the third try, I give up and hit the log-in password reset function.

Using the link in my log-in reset e-mail, I choose a new log-in.
Correct number of spaces, at least one number, a special character, put it all in a paper bag, tie it closed with a string, swing it around my head and cluck like a chicken, etc.

The log-in password reset seems to accept all this, but I get a failure that says something like "this password reset card invalid." Try again, all accepted, same result.

Start all over, same routine, after three more tries, it seems to work. I am told I can log-in now.

After entering my latest password, I get notified "You have exceeded the maximum number of log-in attempts, please try again after 10 minutes."......... :roll:

Well that gives me time to change it in my good old password file.
What was it again? 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had the same problem, except this old fart does not have any patience. I quit after the second try.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Oh, but it gets better. :lol:

Another try and I get the reply "This password has not been verified, check your e-mail and click the verification link."
And of course, said e-mail does not exist.

Looks like the free synth (and those free EDM loops) are safe for now from being abused by this old fart. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
chibear

Post by chibear »

I lost patience with the process sooner and just created a new account using the email I used to set up my original account. After confirming, all my activation codes for 6 & 7 were listed plus the new synth, plus something called 'extension'. So I guess the email address is the most important thing. The password specifications took me out of my nomal password comfrt zone, though. Have to write this one down :lol:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I share your pain - same here - and I am only a late middle-aged fart!

Probably try again later.

Cheers

John
outteh

Post by outteh »

So, what's the hook? Why do we have to get an account? I think I'll wait till it's part of the regular vst installs. :roll:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well, I would suspect the generous move of giving the new VSTi away, would be an effort to expose more potential customers to Mixcraft, etc. Requiring an account collects contacts for newsletters etc. Not an unusual approach. In fact, wise IMO.

There's just some bugs to work out. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
chibear

Post by chibear »

Also I think they are setting up a new account system where we have direct access to our info and therefore fewer support tickets in that area. So rather than ask us all to go in & do it on our on own, we do it to get a new (and VG IMO) instrument.

Think IK and remove all the un-needed BS.

@Acoustica: You need to make it possible for us to change our email address in that new profile. Thus far I can't see a way.
Last edited by chibear on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soundcloud YouTube
mick

Post by mick »

Chibear wrote:
Think IK and remove all the un-needed BS.
Ah! IK such happy memories of installing and registering. :evil:
mick

Post by mick »

Created new account > Waited 10 mins > Account not verified > check non existent email ....?
Now feeling like the donkey staring at the carrot. 8) I'm cool.
Gonna try again..
Edit: Still no go so I'll leave it to the devs. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you guys checked your spam folders for the verification emails? If you send in a support request, customer support will fix you up.

But I'm really curious why you're not seeing the verification emails. Let us know if you find them or if they aren't in your spam folders.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I had no problems, I just signed into my Acoustica acct and downloaded it. There was some sort of error message when I downloaded it but when I open MC it was there and didn't seem to have any issues.

It shows up in my 'Products' in the 'Acoustica Customer Care Center'.

I didn't get any sort of email. I guess because I did the install from my Acoustica acct.

M