Trouble with changing tempos

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jddrock

Trouble with changing tempos

Post by jddrock »

Hey there! I have a song I'm working on where I want to change from 128 bpm to 130 bpm and then back to 128 bpm later on. I've used the markers to do this. I'm using several Vsts running arps(Messiah being the main one) and I have the arp synced to the project tempo in each case. I see in Messiah that it does indeed switch to 130 bpm when I get to that marker, but the arp gets way off the tempo about a beat or two before the tempo switch. Even if I stop playing and start playing again after the tempo change to 130bpm the arp is still off tempo. Same with when the tempo changes back to 128bpm later. Any ideas on why this is happenning and how to get this to work smoothly? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you! :)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with changing tempos

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are you using the most recent build of Mixcraft?
We're at 303, update here http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/download.php
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

I had a chance and installed the update today, but I'm still having the same problem.
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

I have the same problem with Messiah. It has a hickup when the tempo changes, the first and sometimes second note play in the old tempo, and so the arpeggio gets messed up. Minimogue has a similar problem, it sometimes loses the second note when the Apreggiator is turned on. Most other vst synths with ARP that I have (Dune, Metatron, Firebird) work fine.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Have you tried opening a new instance of the offending vst at the tempo change marker?
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

Tried your suggestion chibear but still no banana. It's just as off tempo as the other open Messiahs. The only way I can get it to stay on beat at the tempo switchs is if I turn off the arp's sync mode and manually turn it's tempo knob to 130bpm. Is there a fix for this Acoustica???
chibear

Post by chibear »

Manfred wrote:I have the same problem with Messiah. It has a hickup when the tempo changes, the first and sometimes second note play in the old tempo, and so the arpeggio gets messed up. Minimogue has a similar problem, it sometimes loses the second note when the Apreggiator is turned on. Most other vst synths with ARP that I have (Dune, Metatron, Firebird) work fine.
Still chewing on this but I haven't had really enough time to do anything deep. I notice that both of these the VSTs come from the same developer. Maybe try contacting him, as it's pointed out here, other arps work perfectly well, so it might not be Mixcraft problem.

EDIT: I spent 1/2 hr just now playing with it and as I experienced it, AT the tempo change marker the ARP was trashed for a beat or 2, then by the second bar was on again. I sent it through 2 tempo changes 90-110 and 110 to 120. The 90-110 was the worst 110-120 not so bad, but a new wrinkle is if I zoomed WAY in the graphic was slightly off to the rhythm....scratches head.

BTW you were right: splitting between 2 tracks at the tempo change didn't work. I also tried putting each track on a separate channel. no improvement.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can you please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us a simple project that illustrates this problem?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

Just sent it in! :)