Selling songs with using the vst in reaper?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Captainoffun22

Selling songs with using the vst in reaper?

Post by Captainoffun22 »

Hi, i don't know how but i was able to import the vst into reaper and wondering if i can still sell the songs if i do it in reaper?
fredfish

Re: Selling songs with using the vst in reaper?

Post by fredfish »

I am pretty sure that as long as you purchased a copy of Mixcraft then any of the associated component parts are included in your licence to use. If you want to use the vst in Reaper that is up to you. At the end of the day nobody will be able to tell what DAW you used to create a piece of music when it is mixed down anyway.

What you are absolutely NOT allowed to do is to repackage any part of Mixcraft (EG loops, vsts etc.) and include them anywhere else.

Cheers

John
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

You don't mention Mixcraft at all, so I'm not clear on what you're asking. I suspect you're saying you started a song in Mixcraft, but want to finish it in Reaper....

If that's the case, then ditto on what fredfish said. I'll add that you should make sure have a registered (legit) copy of each piece of software you use to get to the final product.

Yeah, no one's going to know what you used in the end, but YOU WILL -- and of course, it's the right thing to do.
Captainoffun22

Post by Captainoffun22 »

What i mean is that i got the instruments in reaper but i don't think you need the full version to get them working in reaper.

I hate mixcraft layout but if i have to buy it then i will do keys in gargaeband on my ipad and only use the instruments for when i'm making a drum beat for my friend to record over with the real drum set.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Major unanswered question:

Do you own Mixcraft?? (this is a yes or no question)

If so you can do what you want as stated above.

If you don't and use an Acoustica product without a license you could be sued. The likelyhood of that happening is slim but each pirated, cracked, or unlicensed product you use will increase the odds, and if you luck out and produce a hit, EVERYTHING you have used will be put under scrutiny.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
omac

Post by omac »

A lot of the vst packaged with Mixcraft are available directly from the developer. Tell us exactly what vst it is and we could probably help. If it is a vst that is only supposed to work with Mixcraft (there are some) and somehow works with Reaper then I'm pretty sure that's a no go proposition. Ableton picks up some FL Studio only plugins like that. It's not supposed to, but there it is.

Speaking as a Mixcraft owner I'd have to say that Mixcraft is a great product. There are some things that are in Mixcraft that are not available in most DAWs (video scoring for one). Also the ability to switch back and forth between the score view and piano roll is great. It can help you learn to read music. That's not a small thing. There's plenty of other things as well, and Mixcraft has added quite a bit as the versions increase. I upgraded to the studio version because I was quite pleased. You don't have to use it instead of another DAW. There's enough things it does that may not be in your other DAW to warrant the purchase. Just my .02 cents.