I just bought Mixcraft 7 Pro: here is why

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

briannadejole

I just bought Mixcraft 7 Pro: here is why

Post by briannadejole »

Hello
I am a hardcore music producer. My aim is to produce music professionally. So I am very picky about music software, naturally.

I have been using FL Studio and Reaper. [ For anyone who is saying "what about Pro Tools?" well, I couldn't get Pro Tools to work on my PC!] Until yesterday I had not heard of Mixcraft. I thought that I knew of every DAW known to humankind. I came across Mixcraft in a Producerspot.com discussion on DAWs. So I decided to look at Mixcraft.

The first thing that I do with any software is to "push buttons". I don't look at any manual. Rather, I spend 5 minutes trying to work out the software for myself. I have to say that here Mixcraft blew me away. Every button was where I expected it intuitively and logically to be. In minutes I had made music, recorded music, moved tracks around and found a great sound library. All without using a manual or any help. Thus Mixcraft has for me to be the most intuitive software that I have come across. Since then I have started to read the manual and there is a lot in there!

Then I imported some of my own music and that played well! Then I went to youtube and found that Mixcraft did not cut my sound out! I was still able to watch youtube and get sound while playing music. That is better than reaper or FL that both knock me off other sound.

But for me the final selling point was the video tools. Here Mixcraft is saying "what does the user need to publish to?" and then putting in the tools for publishing. For me Mixcraft is a practical DAW. It tries to meet what the producer needs as a first priority. Whereas other DAWs seem to say "here, make music" and publishing is your problem.

The only downside is that Mixcraft only runs on Windows. Nonetheless, the features make that worth it. I will use a mix of FL, Reaper and Mixcraft and VSTs such as Serum to make music!
fredfish

Re: I just bought Mixcraft 7 Pro: here is why

Post by fredfish »

Welcome aboard - another great thing about Mixcraft is this forum, by far and away one of the most helpful and friendliest out there. Regularly frequented by Acoustica staff as well, if you run in to any teething troubles be sure to post.

Cheers

John
chibear

Post by chibear »

Welcome to the club! You have quickly discovered the reason we all came here and stayed. Enjoy :D
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

briannadejole

Post by briannadejole »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

If I run into any issues with Mixcraft I will start another thread.

Thanks again! I wonder why Mixcraft isn't known more. When I have read DAW comparisons it has sadly been left out. Their loss lol.