Various issues and frustrations...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

AHornsby

Re: Various issues and frustrations...

Post by AHornsby »

So drumandstage, did you return your computer and trade up? -h
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

AHornsby wrote:So drumandstage, did you return your computer and trade up? -h
No. I am having a hard time stomaching the nearly double price of a different machine. I am finding and correcting other culprits based on the insight I am getting here, and am hoping that the machine will be adequate as is for a while. When that is no longer the case, I'll look for a good processor upgrade, or pass the current machine down to my daughter and buy one on steroids. :)
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

There are some factory recommended processor upgrades that review very nicely. I am going to continue with the machine as it until the transmission begins to slip, then I will upgrade as needed. I am looking at under $200 for a fix for this machine which only cost me $349 to begin with. Worse case scenario (barring unforeseen circumstances) is that I spend a little more later. May not become an issue, though. We'll see.
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

drumandstage wrote: I'll look for a good processor upgrade, or pass the current machine down to my daughter and buy one on steroids. :)
This is what I did. I found a humming (3.4 GHz) refurbished Dell from Newegg ($112) put another 2 G ram into it and for what I use Mixcraft with it's just fine. (I have been considering a DAC recently.)

The gamers have the market mapped out but I still have this idea that the musicians need their own machine standard as there really isn't one currently, that I know of. -h
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

After checking the reviews on the processor I already have (stock) I am less antsy to buy a new one. It reviews really well, and I'll wait until the need arises to spend more money.

I have installed a 3 port USB 2.0 card in the only available slot in the machine. That gives me a solid place (not in the front of the machine) for the Drums, Keys and Interface. All these devices are recognized and this weekend I will put the setup through the paces.

I still have some things to better comprehend on the sound device front, but I am much better in that area.

MAY look into a new Interface, but really not sure I need that at the moment ether. I have my last batch of wires (they'll be wires and rumors of wires) to give me insane connectivity no matter who or what I want to hook up.

I really hope that by Saturday afternoon, after work, I'll be ready to be productive and most of the hardware issues will be resolved.

My sincere thanks to all who chimed in, and I welcome further comments.