Good interface to buy

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

Good interface to buy

Post by geobee »

Hi all, just like advice on a new interface to use in Mixcraft. Being using a Line 6 UX2 and found it very suitable as I do mostly guitar recordings, and the inbuilt effects seem to work well. Deciding to make a change as my son needs to borrow the UX2,long story, long term. lol Would like something that also has guitar effects built in, but notice that the Presonus ones etc dont appear to have that feature. Also, they appear to come with lite versions of recording software, which obviously would be a waste as I am an avid Mixcraft user, and wont be swaying from that, so more softtware would be a waste. There are a few that I have looked at, but don't appear to have inbuilt effects.
Tiasdad

Re: Good interface to buy

Post by Tiasdad »

I'm not sure how good the interface side of it is but I own and older Zoom 707 ii and have found it very good. This is the latest version which looks quite good ...

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Ba ... AhMq8P8HAQ
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
Pete Stobbs

Post by Pete Stobbs »

I used to use Line 6 UX2 but now have gone for Focusrite.
The Solo fits my needs o.k.
Win 8.1
8 gig ram
AMD A4 6210 1.8 GHz
Focusrite solo.
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 5 head.
Blackstar ID30 TVP

https://soundcloud.com/pete-stobbs
https://soundcloud.com/toltec-jive
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

FOCUSRITE SCARLET---(several versions)------- say no more as It Is ultra reliable ,solid built and easy to get going and far out weigh's anything In it's class. Great for latency and you will be amazed at how low you can get the milliseconds.
My old EMU 0404USB used to stutter and fall over,but my Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 FAULTLESS after a year of use so far.Focusrite have also got good customer service for any questions you may have.
I recommend Focusrite highly

All the best
John
outteh

Post by outteh »

You might consider another Line 6 product. They have some new stuff these days. Not sure I've heard of a guitar effects processor that acts as an audio interface other than Zoom, Line 6, Boss and a few names I'm not at all familiar with. :D
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I went from UX2 to an Audient id14 and couldn't be happier. It's a bit more expensive but the preamps are killer and can take 8 additional lines digitally. It doesn't have any modeling software but I bought Amplitube Fender on sale and haven't looked back.

M
geobee

Post by geobee »

Thanks to all for the replies. I just realized that my Vox Tonelab has a output which I assume should work into Mixcraft, so that should cover anything needed for instruments, just need something to input mics through. So, will look at the Focusrite range of interfaces. I did find that the UX2 didn't have much in it for mic sounds, most were guitar set ups.
geobee

Post by geobee »

Decided on the Focusrite 6i6. With the software that it includes, should be all I need, and more.