EASIER DRUM QUANTIZING POSSIBLE?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MrCrazyJOEMAN

EASIER DRUM QUANTIZING POSSIBLE?

Post by MrCrazyJOEMAN »

Hi, I have been using mixcraft for some time now and have never found a way to drag out all clips at once...

I do quantization on almost every kick/snare hit on the music i produce, Having to drag out/crossfade every single hit takes a long time as you can imagine as i have to crossfade all the tracks seperately for each hit.

See attached screenshot for more of an idea of what i'm getting at.

Is there any key combo or hold and click combo i can do to drag all selected clips at once? I know this is possible in other software.

Thanks
Joe
Attachments
DRU.jpg
DRU.jpg (783.89 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
Mark Bliss

Re: EASIER DRUM QUANTIZING POSSIBLE?

Post by Mark Bliss »

Improved crossfade/micro-fade tools have been requested.
Maybe you could add your vote in the feature requests thread.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

With Mixcraft 7 you can select a bunch of clips and modify them on the Sound tab. For example, drag a highlight across all those clips, and then use the Time Stretch. Length or Loop options on the Sound tab to change them all at once.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
MrCrazyJOEMAN

Post by MrCrazyJOEMAN »

Thanks for the replies, I will add my vote to that.

Cheers Greg but as it is, Crossfading each clip seperately for this kind of quantization is even quicker than having to go to the sound tab every time i want to legnthen all the clips out.

Click and drag all clips would be a great feature!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi again,

By the way, if you're quantizing drum audio, you might also investigate Mixcraft's warp features.

Mixcraft 7 Audio Editing: Warping

Mixcraft 7 Audio Editing: Autowarping

Greg
MrCrazyJOEMAN

Post by MrCrazyJOEMAN »

Thanks again Greg, I have noticed this nice warp feature but it still wouldn't help me with doing it to 9 tracks all at the same time.

I'll just keep at it manually crossfading them track by track until this feature or something similar is implemented.

Cheers
Joe
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can't you just select all the clips and drag them over? Or are you time-stretching them (Ctrl-drag)?

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, you can certainly drag clips as groups, and if you are simply dragging and overlapping to create crossfades, there may be at least a partial solution. Maybe there is some misunderstanding here.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
MrCrazyJOEMAN

Post by MrCrazyJOEMAN »

Hi guys, I have them as groups and yes I know i can move them all at once, What i need to do though is extend them all too.

E.g. If a snare is a little bit late during a drum beat, i'll split the clip and drag the whole group of tracks back a bit so it matches up on time.

BUT if a kick/snare is then late on the next beat... I have to split the clips and move them to the right which leaves me with a gap.... I then need to then extend the clips to crossfade them to kind of fade that gap. But this can only be done one track at a time.

I can post a video of what i am doing if that doesnt make sense, it is kind of hard to explian.

Thanks
Joe
SuperSonic60

Post by SuperSonic60 »

I didn't know about warping, does this mean you can't select all individual drum tracks and warp as one so they're all perfectly quantized AND synchronised with each other? Is this likely to create any phase issues?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

No, it shouldn't cause phasing, and you wouldn't have to split the clips. Give it a try!

Greg
bandso

Post by bandso »

if you have 9 live drum tracks, and you just move/warp one snare hit in only one of the tracks, and not adjust all of the others the exact same amount,then yes you are going to have phasing/flamming issues.
Mixcraft 7 Pro, Sonar Platinum, Studio One Pro, Protools 8.4, Roland VS-2480
Drawn01

Post by Drawn01 »

Hey Guys,
I know precisely what the original poster is talking about, I also have this same issue
When trying to edit drums (not midi drums) real recorded drums 10 tracks of them, Mixcraft warp tool needs to be able to warp Multiple recorded files together at once, or make the editing on the timeline better, I’m manuall doing this same as the original poster, link clips need to be able to extend cut with all clips grouped, and end of cuts you should be able to put a fade on them and not use rubber band fade, also zooming on clips does not zoom in close enough, and mixcraft needs one of these things better improve or both, eg audio warping needs to be able to warp multiple clips at once or timeline editing needs improvement, all this kind of editing can be done in Sonar and protools, I have switched over the mixcraft from Sonar as Sonar has a incompatibility issue with my graphics card, but I really need to do this kind of drum editing as this is the kind of recording I do all of the time.
Cheers.
Drawn01

Post by Drawn01 »

Bump