Taking Mixcraft wave files to other studio.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Jim Lad

Taking Mixcraft wave files to other studio.

Post by Jim Lad »

I took my home recorded, wave files (memory stick) to the studio, for editing and encountered three problems. Maybe you can help me with the first two.
1) It took about one hour to convert Mixcraft Wave files for one song, to Sound Designer 2. It was about 580 megabytes. The two smaller files were much quicker. I'd like to do this conversion at home, if I can.
2) What I thought was Mono is in fact, stereo. When I arm the track & select the source, I choose "Left" under the stereo heading but mono is not offered.
3) I suck. I can fix that though. Recording at home gives me lots of free studio time.
Jim Lad

Stere/Mono

Post by Jim Lad »

Okay: So I figured out the answer to part two of my dilemma. Go to "File", "Save as" open "Wave Files" then click on "Edit Details". When that opens I click on "Configure" to select "Mono" and Robert is your mother's brother.
Now I'll check to see if this actually cuts the file size by half. If it does then #1 becomes less of a problem. If not, I could still use a little help.
Cheers!
Jim
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

And it does. What was 504 megabytes is now 252.
Once again, thank you for your help and support. You really are right on top of things. :lol:
Jim
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Glad you figured out the rendering! Unfortunately I have no idea why it would take so long to import a simple WAV file into this Sound Designer program. It must use its own proprietary file format.

I'd recommend getting a copy of Mixcraft for the studio! Sure would be easier!
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

You know, I thought about that. At $50/hr. the program would have paid for itself. I quietly suggested the Free Trial a few times. There is a Mac version, right?
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

No, Mixcraft (and all Acoustica applications) will only run on PCs, not on Macs.

Unfortunately, Apple has shut out competition for inexpensive music software by distributing their GarageBand sequencer for free with all new Macs. Its a fun little program, pretty limited in its feature set, but its free, so its not worth it for companies like Acoustica to develop alternative software for the Mac. You just can't compete with free.
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

......"You just can't compete with free."....
Sure you can.
I tried "Audacity" before I bought Mixcraft but mind you, trying to convince others?!! :roll: