Change snare sound of a drum kit?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

WilliamTheTaft

Change snare sound of a drum kit?

Post by WilliamTheTaft »

I would like to edit the heavy metal drum kit so it has the standard kit snare.

Is there a way for me to assign a new snare sound to this kit? Thanks for any advice!
Mab098157

Re: Change snare sound of a drum kit?

Post by Mab098157 »

Assuming you have the entire kit in one track... You'll have better control by having each "piece" in its own track
ie kick in 1, snare in 2, hit hat in 3, etc all under a "Drum" submix. With each in their own track to can assign whatever VST or voice you want. Kick from heavy kit, snare from room kit, etc.

If the drums are in one track you can't change individual pieces and you can't eq, comp individually either.

Check out Mark Bliss blog on midi and drums http://blog.acoustica.com/category/midi-programming/
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
WilliamTheTaft

Post by WilliamTheTaft »

Mab098157 wrote:Assuming you have the entire kit in one track... You'll have better control by having each "piece" in its own track
ie kick in 1, snare in 2, hit hat in 3, etc all under a "Drum" submix. With each in their own track to can assign whatever VST or voice you want. Kick from heavy kit, snare from room kit, etc.

If the drums are in one track you can't change individual pieces and you can't eq, comp individually either.

Check out Mark Bliss blog on midi and drums http://blog.acoustica.com/category/midi-programming/

Thank you for the info!
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

another neat trick is to use more than one snare. I like the Stadium Metal snare w/ the Studio Snare @ about 35-60% of the Metal Snare's volume. it gives the impression of a top & bottom mic'd snare. :wink: